Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question to Hubert about editor %'s

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> Question to Hubert about editor %'s Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question to Hubert about editor %'s - 4/3/2020 9:57:18 PM   
Elessar2

Crispy & I ran into an issue where the desired % we wanted for something (ship repair costs) was basically just a choice between 5% [half price] & 10% [full price]. Any way to allow the scenario editor to allow one to type in any integer desired? Seems like it would just be an interface change, not touching the core game engine...
Post #: 1
RE: Question to Hubert about editor %'s - 4/5/2020 4:40:56 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Elessar2,

I took a quick look and I am currently able to adjust from a value of 0% to 100% per reinforcement point via increments of 5%. Just so I understand, you would like to be able to enter a value of let's say 7% or something other than the increments of 5%?

Hubert

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 2
RE: Question to Hubert about editor %'s - 4/6/2020 1:33:14 AM   
Elessar2

Aye.

Maybe in this particular case you can recofiggle thangs so that the reinforcement parameter isn't for each point of rebuild/reinforcement, but for the total cost of rebuild [100% means one point of rebuild = same cost per point to build the same unit from scratch]. The way it is now all %'s above 10% are basically wasted.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Question to Hubert about editor %'s - 4/14/2020 1:51:51 AM   
Hubert Cater

I see what you are after here and I'm just hesitant to change it at this point in the development. However I've made a note for when we redo the engine to implement it more along the lines you are suggesting.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> Question to Hubert about editor %'s Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI