Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using Battlefield Reports at beginning of move to Advantage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Using Battlefield Reports at beginning of move to Advantage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using Battlefield Reports at beginning of move to Advan... - 4/3/2020 9:21:16 PM   
Hellen_slith

Here is a pic of a battlefield time report that I hope will help illustrate how to use time stamps to your advantage at the beginning of your move (using battle reports from last turn to help plan your counter attacks)

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Using Battlefield Reports at beginning of move to A... - 4/3/2020 9:35:35 PM   
Hellen_slith

I let the game (Russo-German War) cycle so as to illustrate this concept. The Germans have made their attack. At beginning of my move I am presented w/ the following screen (note well)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Using Battlefield Reports at beginning of move to A... - 4/3/2020 9:50:38 PM   
Hellen_slith

I click through that screen, and am presented w/ my game map. BEFORE I move any units, I check to see WHERE battles happened, by clicking the "battle reports" button to reveal the white styled crossed swords. Then, I can scroll around the map (using my arrow keys) to see where the enemy has attacked, like so, where Czech units are trying for D Town in this RGW try:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Using Battlefield Reports at beginning of move to A... - 4/3/2020 9:53:15 PM   
Hellen_slith

N.B.: if you move your units, and if any are "disengaged" or otherwise battled while doing this, you will LOSE the combat reports from last turn and will not be able to do this until next turn. So be careful and examine map like this before moving. In the case above, you see that the Czechs (and probably others) are testing D Town defenses (most of which are now reorganizing) but this routing has clued me in that I need to pay attention to this area and stand off the Czechs around here.

By scrolling around the map, and looking for the white styled crossed swords, it shows me where the enemy is probing and what more I might think about doing to forestall Elmer's efforts.

I hope this is helpful!

< Message edited by Hellen_slith -- 4/3/2020 10:09:36 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Using Battlefield Reports at beginning of move to A... - 4/4/2020 4:17:16 PM   
Hellen_slith

Below is a better example with steps shown. You can only do this during the first part of your move, you can move units while doing this, but once you get hit with a "disengage" event, then the battle reports are gone and it cycles over to showing your own battle reports, not the opponents.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> Using Battlefield Reports at beginning of move to Advantage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI