Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/3/2020 3:07:53 AM   
oxxalejandroxxo

Hi All,

I have been a CEAW player for almost a decade, and I have just installed this game. I was wondering, before I start my first game, if it is possible to conquer Poland in one round playing as Axis like in CEAW?

Regards,
Post #: 1
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/3/2020 9:36:17 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

An extra turn for German schedule would be nice, but ain't happening currently. Give it a try.

(in reply to oxxalejandroxxo)
Post #: 2
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/3/2020 1:24:17 PM   
Scotty123

My experience so far would it can be taken in two turns but yu hav to be very lucky. average would be 4 to 6 turns.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 3
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/3/2020 2:55:32 PM   
Taxman66

Sorry, thought this was WiE forum.

< Message edited by Taxman66 -- 4/3/2020 2:56:56 PM >

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 4
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/3/2020 3:10:03 PM   
stormbringer3

In my current game I got it in 1 turn playing on intermediate. Playing on a higher difficulty would probably negate any 1 turn possibility.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 5
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/3/2020 3:54:26 PM   
amandkm

quote:

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3

In my current game I got it in 1 turn playing on intermediate. Playing on a higher difficulty would probably negate any 1 turn possibility.

This matched my exprience. 2, maybe 3 turns seems to be well over 90% of my games, against both humans and AI

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 6
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/3/2020 5:17:29 PM   
Xsillione

2 turn is the standard and expected, anything slower is bad and means either very unlucky combat rolls or missed steps.
1 turn possible with some strict action, but require at least average rolls (if remembers correctly you can have one bad roll, but no more), but if failed, you can easily end up in a bad spot, so it is a bit risky.

(in reply to amandkm)
Post #: 7
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/3/2020 9:35:49 PM   
Christolos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xsillione

2 turn is the standard and expected, anything slower is bad and means either very unlucky combat rolls or missed steps.
1 turn possible with some strict action, but require at least average rolls (if remembers correctly you can have one bad roll, but no more), but if failed, you can easily end up in a bad spot, so it is a bit risky.

My experience precisely. In fact, even the AI (on intermediate level) seems to manage it almost, if not always, 100% of the time in 2 turns.

A 1 turn attempt that fails against a competent human player, can really be disastrous. Believe me, I experienced it. It can leave you in a bad situation, especially together with getting bad weather. The only time (and last time I'll ever try it again) I tried it in a PBEM game, it took me four turns to get Poland to surrender!

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to Xsillione)
Post #: 8
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/7/2020 11:19:43 PM   
Christolos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Christolos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xsillione

My experience precisely. In fact, even the AI (on intermediate level) seems to manage it almost, if not always, 100% of the time in 2 turns.

A 1 turn attempt that fails against a competent human player, can really be disastrous. Believe me, I experienced it. It can leave you in a bad situation, especially together with getting bad weather. The only time (and last time I'll ever try it again) I tried it in a PBEM game, it took me four turns to get Poland to surrender!

C

I stand corrected!
I'm playing a game against the AI as the Allies, and just stopped the Germans from taking Warsaw in 2 turns..., so it can happen sometimes against the AI, but rarely against human players...

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 9
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/8/2020 12:56:33 PM   
HamburgerMeat

Not only is it possible to take Warsaw in one turn, it is very easily repeatable. Barring some very bad RNG, you can consistently take Warsaw about 90% of the time. However, Poland may not surrender immediately. Therefore, you also want to destroy as many Polish units as possible in turn 1.

Your goal is to get both panzers in range of Warsaw, as well as the army that is 3 spaces southwest of Warsaw. When they are in range, swap the medium bomber with the HQ to get the medium bomber in range to strike warsaw, then attack with your panzers, then the army.

If your southern panzer doesn't have the ability to move into warsaw, do this: use the army north of Warsaw to attack the Polish army north of warsaw, then have the corp move past the army and take warsaw

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 10
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/14/2020 4:36:51 PM   
Dalwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scotty123

My experience so far would it can be taken in two turns but yu hav to be very lucky. average would be 4 to 6 turns.

I take it in 2 turns about 75% of the time (both in single player and multi-player). The rest of the time it takes 3. I'd say more than 3 is a sign of being too cautious. Even when it does take 3, you can begin shifting units west on that 3rd turn.

< Message edited by Dalwin -- 4/14/2020 4:38:45 PM >

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 11
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/14/2020 6:27:45 PM   
Epekepe

In my ongoing multiplayer game my opponent did Warsaw first turn. Luckily Poland didn't surrender. I can't post links yet, but video is in my youtube channel: Epekepe

(in reply to Dalwin)
Post #: 12
RE: One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? - 4/14/2020 6:58:19 PM   
Marcinos1985

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epekepe

In my ongoing multiplayer game my opponent did Warsaw first turn. Luckily Poland didn't surrender. I can't post links yet, but video is in my youtube channel: Epekepe

SC playthrogh on YT? One subscriber more.

(in reply to Epekepe)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> One Round Conquest of Poland, Possible or Not? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI