Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Great War Barry is Axis and Larry is Allies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> The Great War Barry is Axis and Larry is Allies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Great War Barry is Axis and Larry is Allies - 4/1/2020 2:12:25 AM   
larryfulkerson

Barry accepted my "The Great War" challenge and he's the Axis and I'm the Allies. In the first turn Barry captured Liege without any trouble at all. So I need to ship the BEF to France and get them up to the front lines quickly. I'm not sure I can buy much time using the Belgium troops. Not that the French troops are any better. I'm going to try to gather the reserves closer to the front lines and rail as many troops to the hot spots as I can.

Attachment (1)

If we ever do get to go to other galaxy's and visit other worlds let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.
Post #: 1
RE: The Great War Barry is Axis and Larry is Allies - 4/1/2020 2:24:46 AM   
larryfulkerson

I'm going to have to start up a head to head copy of the scenario to scope out what kinds of German planes I'm facing because I have only a single aircraft unit and so far it's equipment is recon planes. I'm not sure what to do with it. It's not much good attacking or defending and would most likely get shot down the first time I use it. I'm thinking of parking it in Paris as part of the last defense I'm going to start building.

EDIT: The Axis side has only a single aircraft unit as well, but it's equipment is some recon planes and some bombers with a range of 24. But it's based in Italy near Rome.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 4/1/2020 2:29:46 AM >

If we ever do get to go to other galaxy's and visit other worlds let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 2
RE: The Great War Barry is Axis and Larry is Allies - 4/1/2020 2:30:07 AM   
larryfulkerson

During the playback I saw Barry try to move a floater from somewhere south of England and north of France but he got hit by my CD guns and the small INF unit was destroyed and 2 of his 7 DD's were sunk. I've moved the home fleet down from Scotland to contest his presence. I'm hoping I outrange him for the first volley. When he's softened up I'll move the fleet adjacent to force him to attack me and I'll finish him off.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 4/1/2020 4:37:51 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: The Great War Barry is Axis and Larry is Allies - 4/2/2020 5:10:05 AM   
larryfulkerson

Barry has broken through my lines near Bastone. I need to back everybody up and regroup if possible. The French are giving way and will be outflanked and destroyed over the next few turns.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: The Great War Barry is Axis and Larry is Allies - 4/3/2020 3:14:51 PM   
larryfulkerson

My front lines have disentagrated and the Germans are pushing my units backward. I don't have enough units to defend properly. I'm going to have to concede this area.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: The Great War Barry is Axis and Larry is Allies - 4/19/2020 9:17:57 PM   
larryfulkerson

Barry reports that he can't get his troops into Africa and that the Siene River is impenetrable and a right hook around Paris is not possible so we're going to abandon this game and play FITE instead. Barry want so be the Soviet player so I'll be the Axis and we should be on the road with that game shortly.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> The Great War Barry is Axis and Larry is Allies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI