Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1939 Italian Option

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> 1939 Italian Option Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1939 Italian Option - 3/31/2020 1:58:17 PM   
RPKUPK

I'm attempting to play War Plan Europe 1939 'Italian option' as Axis, human vs computer. Several turns into the game I cannot traverse Italy with German units, I cannot activate anything on the diplomacy page (nothing at all lights up for Italy, cannot declare war). I cannot establish any oil trade between Germany and Italy (who's short on oil).
I should be able to traverse Italy, send trade to Italy and light up adjacent French troops, no?
The scenario write-up says that Italy cannot enter the war until Germany captures Paris!?!
Is it because this game, as it is, can only be played PBEM or hotseat??
Post #: 1
RE: 1939 Italian Option - 3/31/2020 4:03:59 PM   
ncc1701e

Problem seen also here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4785579

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to RPKUPK)
Post #: 2
RE: 1939 Italian Option - 3/31/2020 7:48:29 PM   
AlvaroSousa

I somehow overrode the scenario with the standard 1939.

Just go into the editor Country -> Italy -> Left panel change it to 100% status and Axis alliance.

I'll fix it next patch or in Beta.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 3
RE: 1939 Italian Option - 3/31/2020 10:28:30 PM   
RPKUPK

OK, I successfully navigated that editor page. The buttons were tiny and myriad, but I found "country" and "Italy." One has to click on "alliance" to mark it as an active Axis partner, which only then changes the % activation to 100%, as one cannot increase % activation beyond 99% in the percentage activation numerals two lines up.
The "file/quit" button is tiny and hard to find and trying to save and exit I crashed my system once going into the map editor by accident, but I was able to get out of a stuck windows, restart, and do what I needed to do the second time.
You might consider making a very obvious and larger file/quit button since the page is not intuitive at all.
But this means I'll have to restart the 'Europe 1939 Italy Option' scenario entirely as I already played what I thought was a functioning Italian option into mid-December 1939. It's too bad one cannot edit an actively played scenario.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 4
RE: 1939 Italian Option - 4/6/2020 3:22:47 AM   
hansondavid4

ARG!!! Just ran into this bug when I was getting ready to commit the Italians in April 40. This is just unbelievable. A good 40 hours on play shot. I waited weeks for the patch to finally be released...

I am very disappointed with some basic quality control. Every patch seems to break critical things. It one thing if we all signed up to be beta testers. Its fine to have an open beta that paying customers are willing to be a part of. It seems like you really need to freeze work on the release patches so they can get well tested and only fix game breaking bugs (like this one) and stop doing little tweaks all the way up to patch release. You need a better system of quality control.

(in reply to RPKUPK)
Post #: 5
RE: 1939 Italian Option - 4/6/2020 1:58:52 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Well if you like email me your game and I will fix it. I PMed you.

< Message edited by Alvaro Sousa -- 4/6/2020 1:59:35 PM >

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to hansondavid4)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> 1939 Italian Option Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI