Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Attached is Hot Patch version 03.01.00.03.
The attached Zipped file contains a replacement executable (MWIF.exe) and the Release Notes for the Hot Patch - shown below.
[My first attempt at this had the correct MWIF.exe, but with the old version number (03.01.00.02). The new attached zipped file (MWIF 03 01 00 03 B.zip) has the same executible, but with the correct version number: 03.01.00.03. Sorry about that.]
Release Notes for Hot Patch Version 03.01.00.03
(changes since 03.01.00.02)
All Modes of Play
1. Fixed a problem when a lone Vichy notional unit defected, yet the notional unit remained in the hex after the invasion combat was resolved. The notional unit is now removed and the invasion goes in uncontested.
2. Fixed a problem with naval units overrun during the Conquest phase (which need to be assigned to a new major power) causing the program to halt.
3. Fixed a problem with temporary carrier air units sometimes not being included in a naval air combat,
4. Fixed two problems with Kamikazes: (1) if the air unit flying as a kamikaze was a land based bomber, it was not being destroyed, and (2) when only 1 air unit could fly as a kamikaze, it always flew as a kamikaze. Now kamikaze air units are always destroyed at the end of a naval air combat round and if only one air unit is eligible to fly as a kamikaze, the player can choose to have or have not the air unit be a kamikaze.
5. Fixed a problem with moving units from the Naval Abort Queue. The difficulty arose when there were multiple transports carrying units from a different major power in the abort queue. For example, if there were multiple Commonwealth transport/amphibious units carrying US land units, all of which were in the abort queue, but there were no US naval units in the abort queue, then the program failed to identify the Commonwealth as the deciding major power. Instead it made the US the deciding major power. But the US had no naval units in the abort queue - which meant that no units could be moved.
6. Fixed a couple of small problems with claiming Bessarabia and the Finnish Borderlands, where the USSR does not advance into the areas it claims and Germany enforces the peace. Those areas now revert to Rumania with no major power controlling them.
7. Fixed a problem with enforcing peace in Finland and Rumania when the USSR had not claimed Eastern Poland.
8. Fixed an extremely rare problem when declaring Vichy France and non-French naval units in French controlled hexes are forced to rebase. When those naval units belonged to major powers on both sides, and all of the rebasing units belonging to one side were intercepted and destroyed, the program had been failing to change the deciding major power to one of the major powers on the other side which still had naval units to rebase. The program now changes to control to the major powers that still need to rebase units.
< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 3/30/2020 7:49:12 PM >
Perfection is an elusive goal.