Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship repair cost-bug or feature?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Ship repair cost-bug or feature? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship repair cost-bug or feature? - 3/28/2020 3:29:50 AM   
Elessar2

Score: 0
This may also be endemic to WaW, note, but putting it here because I noticed it in WiE...

Trying to repair the Regia Marina after winning the Battle of the Med (3 enemy CV's BB's lost each, several cruisers too, have all of my battlewagons & a couple of CA's), kept thinking, "Damn this is expensive as Hades..." It was typically costing me 193 MPPs to repair half a BB (5 points), which at this stage of the war represented almost all of Italy's income. [tech wise they had +1 Naval & +1 AA]

Went in to the build menu--and quickly noticed that that represents HALF of the cost of a brand new BB! [386] For all of the iterations of this game I would have sworn that all units cost less per point to repair than to build. For ex. 10 points of a repaired medium bomber would cost me 160 MPPs, while a brand new one would cost 345, incl. upgrades. For a tank corps it's 140/288, so apparently the repair cost would be a bit less than half the purchase cost. Subs 110 vs. 230.

So why the extra costs for surface ships?
Post #: 1
RE: Ship repair cost-bug or feature? - 3/28/2020 4:39:06 AM   
crispy131313

Score: 0
I'll just jump in here as I am aware you are playing Fall Weiss II. This is not a bug from the base game but rather a change in my mod. Only USA, Britain and Canada can reinforce their surface fleet at 1/2 cost representing their superiority in shipyard capacity as well as their superior number of ancillary surface vessels (think of most units represented by flag ships in a way, ancillary reinforcements would readily be available for USA/Britain but not necessarily for Germany). The reason some other major nations were omitted other than sheer size of the navy's were in a nutshell based on Italy lacking raw materials (including fuel), Germany lacking shipyard capacity (Plan Z was never realistic) and France was only omitted to make it difficult to suicide their fleet against Italy (for balance purposes). There are no restrictions on submarines or Motor Torpedo Boats, all nations can reinforce these units at half strength, and draws Germany towards the historic U-boat campaign.

This is not meant to funnel the game into a specific strategy but rather represent historical strengths. Germany can still chance Sealion for example, there are ways to quickly bulk there navy (Bulcher, Lutzow, Graf Spee, and the Motor Boats from the Sealion decision). But a prolonged surface naval war should really never go in the Axis's favor.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Ship repair cost-bug or feature? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI