We have another public Beta for your enjoyment!
Please download the patch from here
Right click on the game and select "Properties". Select the “Betas” tab. The Beta tag "Beta - Public Beta" will appear in the Beta dropdown list. Select it and close the Properties window. Steam should now update the game to the beta version. If the update does not start automatically, launch the game to force the update process or 'verify integrity of game files' from the 'Local Files' tab.
Click the 'More' tab next to the 'Play' button - go to 'Settings', enable the Beta Channels and select the Beta channel from the channel dropdown.
Please see the changelog below for the list of changes!
1. Improved the way in which games are saved on disk drives with write caching enabled. It should no longer be possible to load a saved game that is still in the process of being written to disk.
2. Reverted most of the changes to highlighting out of supply units from previous patch, in order to allow pocketed enemy units that can be destroyed to be highlighted red. Units should still be highlighed yellow when more than 57 MP or 18 hexes from railhead (which is where penalties to resupply from railhead drop below 50%).
3. Supplied units making a displacement move will not be allowed to move through enemy controlled hexes during the logistics phase, or while being able to trace a path of friendly controlled hexes towards supply source.
4. During retreat and displacement moves non-Finnish Axis units will ignore Finnish and Italian supply sources, and Finnish Axis units will ignore non-Finnish supply sources.
5. Reduced maximum morale level at which units can shatter from 55 to 40 (and from 70 to 55 for on-map units smaller than a brigade).
6. Reduced displacement move minimum distance from 12 (8 for combat units with nominal speed of less than 25 MP) to 6 (4). Reduced displacement move maximum distance from 20 (16) to 12 (8).
7. Adjusted retreat and displacement move hex scoring and sorting order. This should result in better selection of hexes to retreat or displace to.
8. Mountain units will use foot movement costs for supply in all types of terrain. This will affect resupply, fetching extra resources on demand, building forts, and airhead supply.
9. A hex will now be eligible for FBD/NKPS repair if:
a. it is within 4 hexes of a railhead (6 in the Baltic zone prior to Dec 1941) - please note, that since 1.12.00 range to rail or HQ is now measured along the path of lowest MP cost to target hex, not in a straight line);
b. it is within RRV (Rail Repair Value of the FBD/NKPS unit) hexes of a railhead;
c. it is connected to another friendly rail hex that has less than 2 damage.
10. It will be now possible to voluntarily disband units scheduled for future disbandment.
11. It will be now possible to voluntarily destroy isolated HQ units.
12. It will be no longer possible to voluntarily disband units supplied via sea.
13. Playing with unlocked support option will reset HQ units to the following limits (instead of 3 for all) at game start:
a. locked for reinforcements (if under human player control);
b. 0 for high command, army group/front, Axis army HQs, air HQs;
c. 2 for Guards, Axis elite, SS elite, LW elite; German "Panzer Corps", and "Motorized Corps"; Soviet "Tank Army", "Shock Army", "Guards Army", and "Gds Army" HQs;
d. 1 for other HQs.
14. Fort at level 4 or better will not prevent defender's retreat if there will be no town, city or urban terrain in hex.
15. Bonus fort removal in combat will be rounded up, so at least 0.02 of fort level will be removed at all times (when bonus for removal will be allowed).
1. Fixed a bug which resulted in wrong hex being selected as target of a retreat.
2. Fixed a bug in surrender checking code, which resulted in a possibly infinite loop moving units back and forth between several hexes.
3. Fixed a bug where MP supply modifier wasn't calculated correctly for mountain units in mountain hex.
4. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to edit disabled men for Axis side in the editor.
5. Fixed a bug where fighter-bombers on bomber mission were classified as fighters when calculating aircraft in range of target, which prevented air group selection window from appearing for bomb missions, when there was no regular bomber groups in range.