Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fog of war off

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Fog of war off Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fog of war off - 3/24/2020 10:09:54 PM   
akinesia

I turned the fog of war off and it appears to break the naval war completely. Playing as the Entente i planted the 3 British mines to block the Kiel canal and the German fleet never left the baltic. Even the subs stayed in the baltic.

I won the game on the ground in 1917 without ever dealing with a 40 plus unit German navy.

The AH navy stayed in port up until AH was about to collapse then it came out and died to the italien fleet.

Is this an issue with fog of war being turned off?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Fog of war off - 3/25/2020 9:47:45 AM   
Xsillione

Partially, the AI really afraid to go over mines, and will avoid it every time, so if you block all routes, and they know the mines are there, they just stay put. You can block the baltic fleet, the channel and even the kiel region with this, and the AI just won't go with it with some cheap unit. With fog, they might not see all mines, and try to go over some hex, clear the mines and get, without fog, they see them.

< Message edited by Xsillione -- 3/25/2020 9:48:06 AM >

(in reply to akinesia)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Fog of war off Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI