Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tactical Vignettes 1-3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Tactical Vignettes 1-3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tactical Vignettes 1-3 - 3/24/2020 9:07:36 PM   
kevinkins

Here are three small battles based on potential modern events. Please take a look and enjoy. When you find a problem or have suggestions, I can re-repost the scenario here. Players should be able to finish each of these in one evening. Thanks to DWReese for very helpful testing over the past year or so.

Kevin

Brief descriptions follow:

Command Tactical Vignette 1 Philippines
Name: "ISIS at Sea"
Time: August 23, 2025: 12:00 Zulu
Length: 1/2 day
Sides: Blue / Red - the two sides are Hostile to one another – but play Blue only
Objective: Collect points by destroying the ISIS "navy" and remaining in a "recon area" defined by: RP 408-410

Command Tactical Vignette 2 Malaysia
Name: "Trouble in Paradise"
Date: 2025
Time: 12:00 Zulu
Sides: Blue / Red - the two sides are Hostile to one another - but play Blue only.
Location: Between the Malacca Strait and the South China Sea Your command is ordered to destroy as many facilities on Riau Island as
possible within 12 hours. You will be awarded points for damaging Red's fleet and aircraft. 150 points yields a triumph

Command Tactical Vignette 3 Tobruk
Name: “Reprise at Tobruk”
Date: March 2018
Time: Time: 12:00 Zulu
Playable Sides: USA (elements of the USN)
On February 1, 2018 a NATO peacekeeping / relief convoy was ambushed in Syria. The leader of the ambush was identified, is aligned with Bashar al-Assad and, by proxy, Russia. The leader has been on the run from NATO forces during the month of February and a week ago was found holed up in Tobruk. The terrorist leader is changing location every few days. Human intelligence assets just reported a planned move south to a safe house along the Egyptian border.
Your mission is to find and destroy the small column of 3 vehicles while suffering minimal losses.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kevinkins -- 3/24/2020 10:39:40 PM >

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

Post #: 1
RE: Tactical Vignettes 1-3 - 4/4/2020 12:23:53 AM   
giantsquid

Thank you, good work.

Done the first one with the Philippines. Looks easy at first but it's quite challanging. Interesting story, love the littoral warfare environment.

I would substitute the OV-10 with the newer Super Tucano. The base is probably too far from the area of operation: the Bronco cannot reach the target without risking a no fuel emergency.

I didn't find any malfunction anyway.
I will try the others, I like the briefings

Francesco

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 2
RE: Tactical Vignettes 1-3 - 4/9/2020 10:48:28 PM   
giantsquid

I tried the others and found them very interesting and well made, especially #2. Nice ideas and weapon choices.
The last one, #3, maybe too easy beacause russians are not aggressive.

Very good small scale scenarios. In my opinion they are ready for the scenario pack.

(in reply to giantsquid)
Post #: 3
RE: Tactical Vignettes 1-3 - 4/12/2020 2:35:37 PM   
kevinkins

Thanks for testing them and if you don't mind I will PM you to discuss your thoughts on improvements. What's encouraging is that I have a few others that are on the same scale almost ready to post.

Kevin

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to giantsquid)
Post #: 4
RE: Tactical Vignettes 1-3 - 4/12/2020 8:10:22 PM   
giantsquid

Sure, with pleasure

Francesco

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Tactical Vignettes 1-3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI