Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yugoslavia DE - is it pointless?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Yugoslavia DE - is it pointless? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yugoslavia DE - is it pointless? - 3/23/2020 10:44:09 PM   
El_Condoro

Maybe it's just me but I've never been able to defend Yugoslavia against a determined German attack. The German player knows when Yugoslavia will mobilize and has the needed units in place to crush them every time.

So my question is, should this be made like Norway - the DE asks whether Yugoslavia is conquered for a cost?

It's not a big deal but I am curious what others think.
Post #: 1
RE: Yugoslavia DE - is it pointless? - 3/24/2020 10:32:24 AM   
PvtBenjamin

I think its a good idea. The only issue is the Axis has to commit troops (usually tanks) to Yogoslavia and it slows the SU invasion. Any DE would have to accommodate for that.

The biggest issue for new PBEM Allied players is you go from '39 - '42 just watching your troops get obliterated. You have almost no recourse against a skilled player. You put up with getting pummeled in Poland, France, Sealion (?), Egypt, Yugoslavia and then watch all the SU reinforcements get wiped out in the first 2 turns of Barbarossa. I bet the game lost a lot of players at that very point.

I understand its necessary for the Axis to eventually have a chance of winning and am not suggesting the Allies have the capability of a stiff resistance.

Some glimmer of hope or less pummeling as you've suggested might help keep players interest.

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 2
RE: Yugoslavia DE - is it pointless? - 3/24/2020 8:29:57 PM   
BillRunacre

What I'm planning on doing is making it so that the exact time of the Yugoslav Decision cannot be exactly predicted like it can now, and therefore the Axis forces gathered on the Yugoslav border may sometimes have to be there a bit longer, and consequently it could delay their use elsewhere, e.g. in Greece or invading the USSR.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 3
RE: Yugoslavia DE - is it pointless? - 3/25/2020 6:08:14 AM   
El_Condoro

It would be interesting to see the effect of this - even a one or two turn delay could be critical.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Yugoslavia DE - is it pointless? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI