Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cut formation crashes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Cut formation crashes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cut formation crashes - 3/23/2020 2:45:15 PM   
dpabrams

I get an immediate reboot to the start menu when "cutting" the first formation listed in the force editor. Just trying to rearrange some formations, ie, move an HQ that I created as the 4th formation to the 1st formation listed etc.

Vote for Pedro
Post #: 1
RE: Cut formation crashes - 3/23/2020 3:24:10 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: dpabrams

I get an immediate reboot to the start menu when "cutting" the first formation listed in the force editor. Just trying to rearrange some formations, ie, move an HQ that I created as the 4th formation to the 1st formation listed etc.

There are some things you can't do and you have learned one of them. I always make a dummy formation at the top.

Another thing you don't want to do is paste one formation into another. That can also cause problems.

When you cut a formation and paste it someplace else the units in the Formation Editor end up looking all screwed up. They are fine. Close the Formation Editor normally. Save the scenario. Open the scenario. Open the Force Editor. Everything is as it should be. If you pay very close attention you can cut and paste several formations before going through those gyrations.

Bottom line. The Formation Editor does cutting and pasting just fine. It's saved into memory fine. But the Formation Editor does not refresh. At all. So it ends up looking all screwed up and simply closing the Formation Editor and reopening it does not force a refresh. Only saving and reopening the scenario gets you a refresh so it displays properly.

I think I'll post that very, very long standing bug in the dev forum and see how long it never gets fixed.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 3/23/2020 4:13:25 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 2
RE: Cut formation crashes - 3/23/2020 3:30:13 PM   
dpabrams

Trial and error and repeat.

Vote for Pedro

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Cut formation crashes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI