From: Ottawa, Canada
Good day all,
After a long break, I am back trying to get a handle on CMO. As a retired Artillery officer, I have found the tactics of air and naval operations a very different, and fun, challenge. I am forced to really think through a different set of rules and options.
I have worked my way through many of the tutorials again, to understand the changes from CMANO to CMO and to refresh my understanding of the game mechanics. I then went looking for a low complexity and difficulty level game to try things out. As a result, I selected Deter, Detect and Defend which is created by Christopher Comars aka Randomizer.
Since it has been a while since I have posted here, my approach is to use this thread to show my thought process as I plan my response and execute the plan. Thus, there will be spoilers.
If you want to provide me suggestions, laugh at my efforts (along with me) or give me encouragement, please do. I enjoy the interaction on these forums. Here we go:
These are my orders and a screen shot of the Area of operations:
NORADOPO 08-241 212052Z AUG 62
FROM: CINC NORAD
TO: CO NORAD 25 REGION HQ MCCHORD AFB//F-90DC AADCP FT LAWTON WA//HQ 13 NAVAL DISTRICT SEATTLE//HQ I CORPS FT LEWIS WA//RCAF STN COMOX
CC: 318 FIS MCCHORD AFB//64 FIS PAINE AFB//460 FIS, 123 FIS/PORTLAND AFB//322 FIS KINGSLEY AFB//AWIS 409 RCAF COMOX//WHIDBEY ISLAND NAS//PLOT COORD RCAF KAMLOOPS
1. DEFCON 1 IN EFFECT FROM RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE. THREAT OF NUCLEAR ATTACK BY SOVIET FORCES CONSIDERED REAL AND IMMEDIATE. THE ASSESSMENT IS THAT NUCLEAR ARMED BOMBING FORCES ARE INBOUND FOR TARGETS IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST OF THE UNITED STATES AND PROBABLY CITIES IN CANADA. THE THREAT FROM BALLISTIC MISSILES IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME.
2. MISSION CONFIRMED. DEFEND MAJOR POPULATION CENTRES IN YOUR AO FROM SOVIET BOMBERS AND MISSILES.
3. RELEASE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS IS REPEAT IS AUTHORIZED. EMCON STATUS AT YOUR DISCRETION. AIR DEFENSE WEAPONS FREE.
4. INITIAL SOVIET STRIKES AGAINST ALASKA AIR DEFENSE ZONE APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AND IT IS ASSESSED THAT MINIMAL ATTRITION OF INCOMING BOMBER FORCES MAY BE EXPECTED. MOST DEW LINE STATIONS ARE NO LONGER REPORTING FOR REASONS UNKNOWN.
5. ARMY AIR DEFENSE MISSILE BATTERIES IN THE SEATTLE/PUGET SOUND AREA SUBORDINATED TO NORAD REGIONAL COMMAND UNDER PROVISIONS OF SAGE. HQ I CORPS IN FORT LEWIS HAS ASSUMED RESPONSIBILITY FOR CIVIL DEFENSE IN THE URBAN CENTRES OF WA AND OR.
6. HQ 13TH NAVAL DISTRICT WILL PROVIDE UPDATES AS NAVAL ASSETS PERMIT.
7. GOOD LUCK. CINC NORAD SENDS.
< Message edited by MikeJ19 -- 3/22/2020 12:01:12 AM >