Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AAR >> RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/6/2020 4:51:19 PM   
sveint

1 January 1943

A massive Japanese invasion of India. Madras is lost to 4 invading units.

India holds out as best it can, with some help from the Allies.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 181
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/6/2020 4:53:30 PM   
sveint

China is still being pushed back.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 182
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/6/2020 4:55:54 PM   
sveint

Russia's last stand.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 183
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/6/2020 5:13:41 PM   
sveint

US forces arrive in the UK. In no game before this have I ever sent forces so early.
Still it is most likely too late.

The US buys a HQ, a fighter, an army and a maritime bomber.

The UK invests in Amphibious Warfare.

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 184
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/6/2020 7:36:10 PM   
sveint

29 January 1943

Axis naval units raid the southern convoy routes.

Quiet month. The US researches Long Range Aircraft and Ground Attack Weapons.
They buy a tactical bomber and a maritime bomber.

< Message edited by sveint -- 4/6/2020 7:38:35 PM >

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 185
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/7/2020 4:17:25 AM   
Tanaka

Finally catching up on this. Interesting to read after our MP game. Also how does a Belgian Congo unit end up in Denmark?

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 186
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/7/2020 4:30:14 AM   
sveint

26 February 1943

The Allies surrender.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 187
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/7/2020 4:31:50 AM   
sveint

With this I'd like to thank the developers and creators of SC WaW, my PBEM opponents and anyone reading this AAR.
I've had a great time with the game, it is as far as I know the only approachable game simulating the entire WW2.

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 188
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/7/2020 5:51:59 AM   
sveint

And a big thank you to zzmzzm, one of the strongest, if not the strongest, Axis opponents I've faced.

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 189
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/7/2020 6:20:16 AM   
Marcinos1985

Great read, thank you. 2 questions:
1. What do you think went wrong for you, at what moment could you play differently?
2. Any suggestions balance wise?

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 190
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/7/2020 6:56:40 AM   
sveint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marcinos1985

Great read, thank you. 2 questions:
1. What do you think went wrong for you, at what moment could you play differently?
2. Any suggestions balance wise?

1. I felt like overall I played a decent game. No major strategic mistakes. Several operational
mistakes but nothing too terrible. I should have know to defend further back against
a strong German player. But again, nothing decisive.

2. Oh don't get me started. I'm moving on.

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 191
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/7/2020 7:07:55 AM   
sveint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Finally catching up on this. Interesting to read after our MP game. Also how does a Belgian Congo unit end up in Denmark?

The Belgian unit was originally sent to the UK to guard against a German invasion.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 192
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/7/2020 4:40:36 PM   
zzmzzm

I also make some conclusion here .
It is an only game I played from septemper last year. Since I have not play this game for almost 6 months, I forget some experiences and made some mistake at begining.
1. German first tech invest is 2 points into HQ tech , which finished in Jun 1940 when Paris is taken. It waste 62.5 mpp.
2. Japan forget partisan garrison rule, which made china a new partisan, decreasing a jap transport 5 strenth, and a JAP garrison is destroyed. Else JAP will take ChongQin two turns earlier.

My suggestion to Sveint is 2 points.
1st is defending further back very carefully ,not only in soviet union, but also in France. France should hold Paris at least one more turn. Soviet union maybe can hold Stalingrad till 1943.
The 2nd points is,The most important battield is battlefield of soviet union and Germany. So the first task of Royal Navy from 1941 summer is not in North Africa but convoy in Norway Coast . Unless Royal Navy can invade Italy in 1941 after UK take North Africa. which will surely pin down German force. In this game , German almost pay no attention to North Africa, all of German force can used into soviet union.

My suggestion to JAP player is 2 points.
1st is taken ChongQing as far as possible . The 2 mines of China will repay your invest in China enough .
2nd is try using heavy art in China . I know it is not easy to understand why is heary art not tac. Heavy art can be used in bad weather , suffer no loss when attack . I think heary art is a little better than tac which sveint maybe not agree.

I noticed somethings changed , the game is more balanced than before. But China is still can not defend itself till 1941 summer. Vladivostok is also too easy taken by JAP. My advice to the developers is make Vladivostok fortifyed.

At last , much thank to the developers and Sveint. This game bring me a lot of enjoyment. I wish all of you good health and good luck in everything.

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 193
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/7/2020 8:42:49 PM   
pjg100

Thank you both for the AAR, I enjoyed it very much. Always fun to play along vicariously with two strong players!

(in reply to zzmzzm)
Post #: 194
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/8/2020 6:05:32 PM   
Tanaka

Boy that was a quick ending. Was London or Moscow even taken? How did such a fast surrender happen? USA and England did not even get a chance to invade?

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 195
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/8/2020 8:24:14 PM   
eightroomofelixir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka
Was London or Moscow even taken? How did such a fast surrender happen? USA and England did not even get a chance to invade?

Moscow fell in August 1942; Stalingrad had already fallen in July 1942. The game ends in February 1943.

For this game I don't think USSR and China (and even India?) are able to hold still before US-UK establishing an effective second front in Europe. Overall, if USSR/China (whether nearly or inevitably) collapsed there is very little the oversea powers can do.

< Message edited by eightroomofelixir -- 4/8/2020 8:30:06 PM >

No conquest without labor.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 196
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/9/2020 12:53:33 AM   
taffjones

I usually play as Axis.

But also play as the Allies, in one PBEM game I defended very deep in Russia and went all out, as Allies on air power and took a Japan 1st strategy.

If you can hold out in China, Japan is quite easy to take out 1st, Ok I lost Russia in early 43 but by then the Allies has destroyed the German economy with strategic bombing and taken North and East Africa.

I retook Russia with a tidal wave of Chinese units and the W/Allies did D-day late 43.

It was close but I won in late 45.

If you think outside the box its quite possible to win as the Allies.

In a current PBEM game my opponent playing as the Allies has destroyed the Japanese in China. to the extent I am considering conceding the game and it is still early 41.

He played outside the box and completely wrongfooted me and I cant see a way back so its not all one way for the Axis.

(in reply to eightroomofelixir)
Post #: 197
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/9/2020 5:17:00 PM   
eightroomofelixir

The "destroyed the German economy with strategic bombing" and "my opponent playing as the Allies has destroyed the Japanese in China" certainly sounds outside the box to me. Would you mind to elaborate these two strategies?

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 198
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/9/2020 7:34:30 PM   
Cpuncher

quote:

ORIGINAL: sveint

When I play the Axis my latest move (with 100% success rate so far) is to do Sealion in spring 1942!
Pull back air and paratroopers during the winter, and you're good to go.

I wonder how you can do that as transports can be attacked in port now. As an allied player I check every single port on the west coast of Europe every single turn (you only need 2 to 3 ships for that). Should Germany launch any transports they will be sunk immediately. Unless German Navy can dominate the channel, which is possible but will require significant bomber/fighter support and some bad allied playing/luck.

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 199
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/9/2020 8:14:35 PM   
taffjones

Hi eightroomofelixir

Go all out on long range aircraft and heavy bomber techs especially for the USA.

Build all of the heavy bombers 1st, As soon as the USA joins the war operate them to the UK with a HQ plus fighters, if you can save the HB in the Philippines send that as well.

Then hit the MPP producing targets in western Europe first then move on to rail hubs and ports. If the Axis air is tied up in NA and Russia their income starts to drop quite quickly.

Use your fighters, Tac and Medium bombers to counter the Axis air deployed and they have to spend valuable MPP's to repair/replace damaged units.

As for the Chinese destroying Japan. I would love to know how my opponent has done it.

All I can tell you is he has held me in the South, and launched a massive offensive in the North. Cut the rail lines and Japans supply plummets.

(in reply to Cpuncher)
Post #: 200
RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) - 4/9/2020 8:45:25 PM   
eightroomofelixir

Thank you for the explanation. I know the the cut the rail line strategy for China, however I always find hold in the South as China very tricky.

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 201
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AAR >> RE: zzmzzm (Axis) vs sveint (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI