Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/21/2020 10:16:44 AM   
Majorball68

The CV Bunker Hill is in Hawaii and the 2CVP was removed from the map during the remove aircraft phase but now appears on the Bunker Hill along with the 5CVP. I went back and redo did everything and the same thing. Initially it does not appear but start of next turn it appears. I tried to rebase it off the CV but it is not selectable during the rebase phase. I rebase the 5CVP off no problem but try to put it back on and it says it would be over stacked. Is there a simple fix for this?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/21/2020 10:17:49 AM   
Majorball68

And the save

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Majorball68)
Post #: 2
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/21/2020 4:23:32 PM   
paulderynck

Rebases to/from CV from/to port do not cost air missions. of course you need stacking room in the port if going there. If you have a save from the last impulse before the last turn ended, you could try rebasing them to the port then.

Paul

Post #: 3
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/21/2020 7:21:37 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Majorball68

The CV Bunker Hill is in Hawaii and the 2CVP was removed from the map during the remove aircraft phase but now appears on the Bunker Hill along with the 5CVP. I went back and redo did everything and the same thing. Initially it does not appear but start of next turn it appears. I tried to rebase it off the CV but it is not selectable during the rebase phase. I rebase the 5CVP off no problem but try to put it back on and it says it would be over stacked. Is there a simple fix for this?

You should not be able to remove the carrier air unit during the Remove Air subphase of the Reinforcement phase - because Honolulu is not a US home city (Hawaii is a territory, not a state at this time).

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Post #: 4
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/22/2020 12:46:58 AM   
Majorball68

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

You should not be able to remove the carrier air unit during the Remove Air subphase of the Reinforcement phase - because Honolulu is not a US home city (Hawaii is a territory, not a state at this time).

I should have been more clear. The CV was based in Norfolk on the East Coast when removed from the Bunker Hill. Despite being removed from the map and gaining a pilot it now appears on the Bunker Hill in Hawaii overloaded now. In regards to trying to rebase the CVP off the Bunker hill to try correct the issue, the 5CVP is available to choose however the 2CVP is not. For the moment they remain permanently over stacked on the CV.

< Message edited by Majorball68 -- 3/22/2020 12:47:35 AM >

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 5
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/22/2020 3:44:45 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

If you have it available, I would like to have a saved game from the Reinforcement phase when the CVP was removed from the Bunker Hill.

My current theory is that there were two CVPs on the Bunker Hill and you removed both of them. That might have left the second 'slot' for carrier air units on the Bunker Hill as "in use". Or something.

Anyway, the problem occurred during the Reinforcement phase so that is what I need to recreate it.

Steve

Post #: 6
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/22/2020 3:45:30 AM   
Majorball68

Does not fix the underlying issue however I went back to an old save, re based the SBD-4 2CVP from Bunker Hill to Boston. I then grabbed the unit information from that save for the SBD-4 2CVP Unit ID 257 and replaced the data in my current save. By replacing all the data from a "Good save" to my exiting save fixed the extra CVP on the Bunker Hill CV. During remove aircraft from map I will remove the SBD-4 2CVP now located in Boston.

Post #: 7
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/22/2020 8:29:57 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Does not fix the underlying issue however I went back to an old save, re based the SBD-4 2CVP from Bunker Hill to Boston. I then grabbed the unit information from that save for the SBD-4 2CVP Unit ID 257 and replaced the data in my current save. By replacing all the data from a "Good save" to my exiting save fixed the extra CVP on the Bunker Hill CV. During remove aircraft from map I will remove the SBD-4 2CVP now located in Boston.

My response to players editing GAM files:

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 3/22/2020 8:30:31 PM >

Steve

Post #: 8
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/23/2020 4:26:04 AM   
Majorball68

quote:

If you have it available, I would like to have a saved game from the Reinforcement phase when the CVP was removed from the Bunker Hill.

My current theory is that there were two CVPs on the Bunker Hill and you removed both of them. That might have left the second 'slot' for carrier air units on the Bunker Hill as "in use". Or something.

Anyway, the problem occurred during the Reinforcement phase so that is what I need to recreate it.

Yes there was 2 CVP on the Bunker Hill. Here is the save at US reinforcements. Will also send another save at start of reinforcements.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 9
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/23/2020 4:26:40 AM   
Majorball68

quote:

quote:

Yes there was 2 CVP on the Bunker Hill. Here is teh save at US reinforcements. Will also send another save at start of reinforcements.

And start of reinforcements

Attachment (1)

Post #: 10
RE: 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit - 3/24/2020 2:36:25 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

My response to players editing GAM files:
Steve, I can certainly understand your sentiment on that, but ...

I dare say that I've probably played more complete games of MWiF than most. I've played through at least a half-dozen games through all 36 turns (Sep/Oct 1945) and even a couple beyond that. While, in general, I do find the game plays bug free, in all 6-games I would not have been able to continue at one or two points in each game without having to edit the game file to get around a game stopping bug.

I marvel at the skill you've shown and the product you've produced in MWiF. However, for me at least who like to play though games to their bitter end and beyond, I just don't see how that's possible without the ability to edit the game file at those 1 or 2 game stopping bug points.

Ronnie

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 03.01.00.02 Ghost CVP loaded on CV above limit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI