From: Portaferry, N. Ireland
This is the section from the patch notes, am not quite understanding it:
● Max fort level:
○ 5.10 (3.10 in swamp) if fort above 4.10, or this hex contains a fort unit and port,
○ 4.10 (3.10 in swamp) if fort above 3.10, or this hex contains a fort unit,
○ 3.10 if fort above 2.10, or this hex is city, light urban, heavy urban, or adjacent hex
contains a fort unit or enemy unit,
○ 2.10 if none of the conditions above are met.
○ Unless 4.10 or better is allowed, reduce max fort level to:
■ 2.10 if this hex is more than 25 hexes from supplied enemy combat units,
■ 1.10 if this hex is more than 50 hexes from supplied enemy combat units,
■ 0.00 if this hex is more than 75 hexes from supplied enemy combat units.
The highlighted line, I follow the second part of the sentence, you can go to 5.1 with a port and a fort unit but not sure about 'if fort above 4.1' ?
Does this mean if you start at 4.1 you can go to 5.1 but otherwise you can't get past 1.1/2.1 until the enemy gets close enough ?
Looking at the Soviet deployment for the Campaign, on the Finnish border:
Adjacent to a fort the max is 2.1, should that not be 3.1 ?
With a fort the max is 4.1 which looks right.
Looks like if you can build a line of Fort units and get them up to level 4 then they are hard to crack, any games where this has happened ?