Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Attached is Hot Patch version 03.01.00.02.
The attached Zipped file contains a replacement executable (MWIF.exe) and the Release Notes for the Hot Patch - shown below.
Release Notes for Hot Patch Version 03.01.00.02
(changes since 03..01.00.01)
All Modes of Play
1. Fixed a problem at the very start of the Global War scenario if the player calls up the Trade Agreements form.
2. Fixed a problem if the player calls up the Trade Agreements form when there are no trade agreements. This only occurs in the scenario Guadalcanal.
3. Added checks to close the Air-to-air combat form if it remains visible after all air-to-air combats have been completed. These changes were made for all land based air missions.
4. Fixed a problem with using surprise points to avoid a Port Attack. Previously the program was halting in the Anti-Aircraft Fire subphase when the port attack was avoided.
5. Fixed a problem with restoring old saved games (saved before November 2019) during an mission phase. Because those saved were made before the optional rule Kamikazes was added, those saved games could restore with all bombers marked as flying as Kamikazes.
6. Fixed a problem with rail moving a factory where the check for an enemy unit in the country wasn’t requiring that the enemy unit be a land unit. For example, the USSR was gaining the benefit of being able to rail move factories when only enemy air units were in supply in the USSR proper.
7. Fixed a problem with moving a territorial unit belonging to non-minor country countries (e.g., New Caledonia and British Somalia) not gaining the benefit of reduced movement cost through Jungle, Mountain, and Forest terrain in their home country. The rules do not mention any benefit for Desert Mountain terrain.
8. Fixed a rare problem with overrunning enemy air/naval units with a Ski division during Snow/Blizzard weather when moving through enemy ZOCs. The enemy ZOCs do not apply to Ski units in that type of weather, so the overruns should always be permitted.
9. Added a line of code to avoid a very rare fatal error during naval combat when the Phasing side initiated combat with the one and only unit in the sea area capable of initiating combat.
10. Fixed a newly created problem where the game did not advance to the second turn (Nov/Dec 1939) after closing the Victory form at the end of the first turn (Sept/Oct 1939).
11. On the Victory Form subtracted one from the number of Turns Remaining when the form is shown at the end of turn. At all other times, the count of turns remaining includes the current turn,
12. Corrected the placement of the End-of-Phase button on the Main form.
13. Added a check to avoid an inconsequential error message when quitting the game while the Spend Surprise Points form is visible.
14. Fixed a fatal bug with Port Attacks when there is only 1 surprise point available for the Axis player.
15. Fixed a problem with using surprise points to avoid a port attack causing the program to halt. At times, this may have also been a problem in Solitaire and Head-to-head games.
16. Fixed a couple of problems with undoing moves in the Unload Land Units and Invasion phases. Previously Undoing either of those moves created duplicate images of the land units in the sea box sections from which they started the phase.
17. Fixed a problem with a naval interception combat of naval units - that were overrun during an Advance After Land Combat, forced to rebase, and successfully intercepted - causing the program to jump to the Air Rebase phase instead of processing the naval combat.
18. Finally got the naval interception combat of naval units that are forced to rebase when they are overrun during an Advance After Combat subphase of Land Combat Resolution to run correctly through to the next phase (Air Rebase).
19. After the conquest of Italy, removed a spurious message about all the US Entry Options having been chosen. Specifically, the disposition of the French carrier Bearn was causing a problem on the Axis computer.
20. Fixed several problems with the incomplete conquest of Italy. Specifically, the assignment of which Axis major powers get some of the Italian naval units that are randomly assigned to Captured/Destroyed/Escaped from the Repair, Construction, and Production Pools now executes correctly.
21. Removed the displayed die roll for all players when drawing neutrality pact markers.
Perfection is an elusive goal.