Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Glitch in Air Briefing Panel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Glitch in Air Briefing Panel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Glitch in Air Briefing Panel - 3/4/2020 8:10:41 PM   
Hellen_slith

In this game of FitE2, the Soviet Air Briefing Panel seems to always show the GERMAN's Air Briefing REPORT information ... at least until it "zeroes out" eventually during the turn.

In the manual, I think it says that the Panel should match the information in the Report ... but it doesn't.

Seems like the Air Briefing Panel doesn't ever work like it is supposed to.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Glitch in Air Briefing Panel - 3/13/2020 2:19:24 AM   
jupiter999

Sorry if this is not too relevant, but...
1) my Air Briefing Panel seems frequently "zeroed out" from time to time... not sure why;
2) my Air Briefing Panel always disappeared every time I load the game... is it a bug??

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Glitch in Air Briefing Panel - 3/13/2020 3:35:36 AM   
Hellen_slith

Not sure. Most of the time, mine shows all zeroes ... or when it does show anything, it shows the numbers from the previous turn, other side.

Mine doesn't disappear, but I always hide it. I just use the Air Briefing Report instead of the panel.

(in reply to jupiter999)
Post #: 3
RE: Glitch in Air Briefing Panel - 3/16/2020 1:46:43 AM   
jupiter999

Thanks for the reply.
Hope someone can pick up and fix it, if it's a bug...

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: Glitch in Air Briefing Panel - 3/16/2020 6:32:55 PM   
Hellen_slith

IMHO, if the air briefing panel is not displaying on start up, that's a bug.

If the air briefing panel shows, but only the other player's info from a previous turn, that's a bug.

If the air briefing panel shows only zeroes, that's a bug.

Other than that ... the air panel / report shows ESTIMATED losses. And that's not a bug, BUT,
when the reports say something that is simply "out of bounds" and not anywhere near what is actually happening, then that is also kind of a bug. At least, it bugs ME.

I know that the losses are only estimates, but I have found that there is some information in the reports that is simply ... well, to put the best face on it, ARBITRARY. I think it could be handled better.

Not sure what is happening with this report; in an effort to make it "foggy of war" I think it is trying to put some "make up" on the air aspects, and I suspect that it doesn't handle the very large scenarios very well (like FitE2). This is just an aspect of the game that will need to be ironed out for TOAWV, I think.

In the mean time, I just rely on the REPORT and try to verify that (if need be) w/ the more detailed battle reports etc. like inventory / replacement reports.

(in reply to jupiter999)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Glitch in Air Briefing Panel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI