Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Regiime Variable Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Regiime Variable Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Regiime Variable Question - 3/2/2020 5:38:13 AM   
GaryChildress

Hi all, I'm revisiting this great game. I've gotten the itch lately to play a wargame and of course the first thing I did was to start modding it again.

I created an event to implement "manpower" in game. It shows how much manpower is being used each turn due to production but it doesn't show how much manpower is being created per turn. Is there a way to get the UI to show how much manpower is being created per turn. Currently I have it set to where manpower is generated every turn as a factor of how many cities a player controls x 50. So for instance if a player controls 2 cities, the manpower increase per turn would be 100. So how would I get it to tell me next to the manpower pool that I will be getting 100 manpower next turn?

Thanks for any help.
Post #: 1
RE: New Regiime Variable Question - 3/2/2020 9:47:33 AM   
ernieschwitz

I haven't been able to find one. So I have had to make a "report" of sorts at the beginning of the turn using the event code. Unfortunately that seems to be the only real way to tell players about it. You could also make a card (free to play) that would tell players how much they would gain next turn.

< Message edited by ernieschwitz -- 3/2/2020 9:48:44 AM >

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 2
RE: New Regiime Variable Question - 3/2/2020 2:43:46 PM   
GaryChildress

Thanks for the ideas, ernieschwitz. I appreciate your reply. I'll look into it more and see what I can come up with.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 3
RE: New Regiime Variable Question - 3/3/2020 9:49:50 PM   
Ormand

In order for the new manpower to show up in the display at the top of the game is for it to be a "production" item. Similar to PP, oil, and raw, which are set as a RegimeVar. So, when you make that RegimeVar displayed, it would show the current amount, the amount being used, and the production. You could create a LocType that creates manpower and place it next to cities, set it to autoproduction, and away you go. You would also want it to have the correct ProdMod so that only a regime with that people type can produce it. A problem is that if you have a cap on manpower, it would be hard to implement. Although, there are probably some event mods that might be able to do it.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 4
RE: New Regiime Variable Question - 3/5/2020 11:08:44 PM   
ernieschwitz

Yes, you could do that. You could even make a single location to produce them all, in a hex that was "Off map"... that is unaccesible to players. Then you might manipulate its production points, via code, to give any value you want.

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 5
RE: New Regiime Variable Question - 3/6/2020 12:18:34 PM   
LarryBurstyn

In a unpublished version of the old ETO (European Theatre of Operations (I could not get the weather to do what I wanted and gave up). I created a string which totaled every city (real population in the latest census) that when the nation controlled that city a certain percentage of the population would become available to serve in the military. Each year the population would increase a small amount based on past birthrates--standardized because giving each nation it's own birthrate would make the event really really long. I was thinking of adding a card that would increase birth rates but gave up before I implemented it. I even added a card that would allow the nations a certain increase in the percentage of the population that could be drafted. Plus a card for the Germans that would greatly increase the percentage that could be drafted but would hurt production. Unfortunately My computer crashed and I lost the ETO redesign.

Post #: 6
RE: New Regiime Variable Question - 3/6/2020 3:19:16 PM   
ernieschwitz

That's really sad :( I liked ETO

(in reply to LarryBurstyn)
Post #: 7
RE: New Regiime Variable Question - 3/7/2020 7:41:34 PM   
LarryBurstyn

I found some notes I had made while I was working on ETO Redone.

ETO REDONE.odt (file://LARRY-PC/Users/Larry/Dropbox/ETO%20REDONE.odt)

Hope that works for those that are interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfoxfjk4ajxe012/ETO%20REDONE.odt

< Message edited by LarryBurstyn -- 3/7/2020 7:51:04 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: New Regiime Variable Question - 3/7/2020 8:14:58 PM   
ernieschwitz

Downloaded, and thanks :)

(in reply to LarryBurstyn)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Regiime Variable Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI