A beta set of files is now available that fixes a variety of issues but most importantly the long range amphibious transport problem that was reported when v1.06.00 was released.
NOTE: All saved games are compatible, however, and unfortunately, the long range amphibious transport error will not be corrected until a new game has been started using this beta hotfix.
* * *
1) To download, please click on this link below and then select 'Download' from the upper right hand corner of the Dropbox screen.
2) Decompress the package, and copy/paste the game EXE and the Campaign folder from the package directly to your root installation folder for the game overwriting the default files.
Typically, this folder would be found here on your system:
\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War
STEP 1 - Extract the files
STEP 2 - Select all of the above Hotfix files (ctrl key + left mouse click)
STEP 3 - Paste all the files into this folder
STEP 4 - Confirm replacement of files
* * *
GAME ENGINE CHANGES/FIXES
- Fixed several text display issues under German, French and Spanish localization.
- Fixed several other text display issues within the various popup, information and question boxes when text was at or over maximum line length.
- Fixed an issue where a Fortified Town that became a Capital was reverted to a City instead of back to a Fortified Town when the Capital setting was reversed (Captain Tuttle).
- Fixed an issue where units arriving from a UNIT script event could not reinforce/upgrade/operate/transport. Now only those that arrive during a country join event will be restricted for the very first turn they arrive.
- Fixed a bug that allowed AI Engineers to reinforce after an attempted move towards a fortification building position (bootlegger267).
- Fixed a SURRENDER_2 game engine handling error that did not properly convert enemy hex control in some situations (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed a rare error that provided some Tank units with immediate entrenchment after moving when it should have been set to zero.
- Custom campaign strategy guides will now launch from the campaign Manuals folder, previously it was the Docs folder, e.g. Campaigns\_myCustomCampaign\Manuals\Strategy Guide.pdf
- Amphibious Transport (Long Range) increased from nil to zero for all applicable nations so as to enable them to increase via Amphibious Warfare research.
- Fixed an AI OFFENSIVE plan error that had the US AI attack Tangiers when Spain was not yet in the war.
- Fixed Vichy France creation script event error (Erse, Ragu).
- Fixed a Norwegian surrender script event error (Carsten).
- Added a DE 318 UNIT event for when 'no' is selected (sschnar1).
< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 3/12/2020 2:17:11 PM >