Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What does this tell me?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> What does this tell me? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What does this tell me? - 2/27/2020 3:46:18 AM   
countrboy

Hi, I wondered if someone could explain what this is telling me:

ARMY STATUS

COUNTRY ACTIVE TRANSFER DISABLED UNITS TOE BALANCE
Soviet Union 15 41803 2957547 6015305 6412727 -397422

I gather 'Units' is how many men are in my army and TOE is how many I should have and 'Balance' is obviously the difference. But what is 'Active'? and I assume 'Transfer' is how many men became available to add to my army this turn? But if so, how come the Turn Report also says:

84120 MANPOWER recruited in 2103 manpower centers (0 were local, 84120 available)

Doesn't that mean that 84120 men should have joined the army, not just 41803?
Thanks.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: What does this tell me? - 2/27/2020 8:00:11 AM   
xhoel

Active: Manpower in your active pool is used for replacements. You only have 15 men active, so no reserves. All the manpower you produce is going straight to your front units. This is normal for the Soviets in the first 2 years.
Transfer: Manpower in the transfer pools. It is not the number of men available to your army this turn.
Disabled, units, TOE and Balance you already know what they mean.

Your assumption is false and you are looking at the wrong place, if you want to get an answer to that question. You produced 84.120 men and all of those were sent to your frontline units, that's why your active pool is empty.

To see how the manpower is being distributed and what you had at the start of the logistics phase you have to scroll up in the log report to the Refit Replacements.

See the manual Section 18.2.1. Replacement Segment for more help.

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465

(in reply to countrboy)
Post #: 2
RE: What does this tell me? - 2/27/2020 9:51:48 AM   
countrboy

Ok thanks xhoel. Although I have owned the game for some time I have never got into the minutiae of the game, but I'm in my first PBEM fighting to stay in the war and these things seem important all of a sudden!

I'll check out that section of the manual (I know most answers can probably be found in the manual, but I have read university textbooks that were shorter).

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 3
RE: What does this tell me? - 2/27/2020 1:48:13 PM   
xhoel

You are welcome.

Yes, the manual can be daunting to read, but it helps a lot. Asking questions here is always a good idea though, the manual is imperfect and not everything is included in it.

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465

(in reply to countrboy)
Post #: 4
RE: What does this tell me? - 2/27/2020 6:18:16 PM   
king171717

quote:

ORIGINAL: countrboy

Ok thanks xhoel. Although I have owned the game for some time I have never got into the minutiae of the game, but I'm in my first PBEM fighting to stay in the war and these things seem important all of a sudden!

I'll check out that section of the manual (I know most answers can probably be found in the manual, but I have read university textbooks that were shorter).

Glad to hear your doing a PBEM Game! Its a lot of fun!! good luck

(in reply to countrboy)
Post #: 5
RE: What does this tell me? - 2/28/2020 7:50:18 AM   
countrboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: king171717

quote:

ORIGINAL: countrboy

Glad to hear your doing a PBEM Game! Its a lot of fun!! good luck

PBEM is fun but a real challenge, especially for someone with my skill! Much more unforgiving against a human opponent but also more interesting.

(in reply to king171717)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> What does this tell me? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI