Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Change traded BPs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Change traded BPs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Change traded BPs - 2/25/2020 7:05:49 AM   
Orm

How do I change where the BP is produced that is traded to another MP?

Example: CW trade 1 BP to France. The Program sends 1 BP from India to Paris. But the Brussels factory is producing for CW and it would be considerably more practical to send it from Brussels instead. Or from UK.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Post #: 1
RE: Change traded BPs - 2/25/2020 1:41:13 PM   
Centuur

First: idle the traded resource.

Second: make sure that the resource you want to trade hasn't got a default or override in it (delete those settings).

Third: select the resource and press the Trade button. Now a pop up screen appears where you can trade it to another major power.

Fourth: press the recompute button

Fifth: go to the major power which will receive this resource and select the resource and chose a factory where it has to go to.

Sixth: press the recompute button

After this, things should be OK...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 2/25/2020 1:42:40 PM >

Peter

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2
RE: Change traded BPs - 2/25/2020 2:53:54 PM   
Orm

Yes, but how do you do it for build points?

Edit: In this case the Brussels factory is producing for CW, and it should be practical to just ship the BP by rail. Or just from UK would free up a lot of CPs. I found a way to fool the program to send it from UK instead of India, but I haven't found a way to change it from India to UK once the program has decided to send it from India.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Orm -- 2/25/2020 2:56:56 PM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Change traded BPs - 2/26/2020 5:24:26 PM   
ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Yes, but how do you do it for build points?

Edit: In this case the Brussels factory is producing for CW, and it should be practical to just ship the BP by rail. Or just from UK would free up a lot of CPs. I found a way to fool the program to send it from UK instead of India, but I haven't found a way to change it from India to UK once the program has decided to send it from India.

In the Production Planning form go to the line you want to change and click on the word Build Point. This should bring up a box that asks

"Do you want to change the source location for the build point?"

Select yes and another box will open asking you to choose the source factory for the build point with a list of available factories, similar to the saving oil form.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 4
RE: Change traded BPs - 2/26/2020 6:15:22 PM   
Orm

Thank you.

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 5
RE: Change traded BPs - 3/7/2020 12:43:58 AM   
Ian R

Similar question -

Why is the production planning screen telling me that a BP sent US -->> CW is being shipped to Frobisher, Canada? (It is actually being shipped to London as it should be.)

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 6
RE: Change traded BPs - 3/7/2020 3:11:47 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

Similar question -

Why is the production planning screen telling me that a BP sent US -->> CW is being shipped to Frobisher, Canada? (It is actually being shipped to London as it should be.)

I have seen this before, I don't know why it shows as this but I beleive when you get to EOT you will find it is going to London....

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 7
RE: Change traded BPs - 3/8/2020 12:47:53 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

Similar question -

I have seen this before, I don't know why it shows as this but I beleive when you get to EOT you will find it is going to London....

Yes, it does go to the correct place in the end.

I have a similar situation with the US sending a BP to Free France's capital, Libreville. The screen tells me it is going to Noumea. The route shows it is going to the correct destination.

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 8
RE: Change traded BPs - 6/6/2020 6:58:48 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

Production phase makes me want to cry, every time. And I'm not kidding, it hurts so much. Otherwise game is great.

Please, I need step by step instructions to make London BP stay in UK and BP from India to go to USSR. If I try to do as instructions says here, the only effect is that US is trying to send that Alaskan oil using 15 convoys even if I just changed it coming from mainland US.

Attachment (1)

If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 9
RE: Change traded BPs - 6/6/2020 7:12:52 AM   
Orm

Did you check that you had free CPs from India to Persia?

I often find that I need to clear all 'defaults', and 'overrides'. And then idle some resources. I usually idle those using many CPs first. Then I do the changes needed. Beginning with trade and those with short ranges. And make sure that they have CPs available. Otherwise they may 'steal' CPs from a previous order and then you might be back where you began.

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 10
RE: Change traded BPs - 6/6/2020 7:22:33 AM   
Orm

Cleared almost all overrides and defaults. And then, first of all, did I order the BP change.

Now the issue is to make it stick. It might help if you try to do it with a minimum of defaults, and overrides. And use recomputed after each change.

Edit: remember to check available CPs before each change. Because if the program doesn't find them then it might steal CPs from another route and so on, and then your trade doesn't have the CPs needed and changes back. Also, check that the recipient nation doesn't have weird defaults on the resource or build point.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Orm -- 6/6/2020 7:25:05 AM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 11
RE: Change traded BPs - 6/6/2020 7:24:14 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

I have free CPs.

If I do this:
In the Production Planning form go to the line you want to change and click on the word Build Point. This should bring up a box that asks

"Do you want to change the source location for the build point?"

Select yes and another box will open asking you to choose the source factory for the build point with a list of available factories, similar to the saving oil form.

Nothing happens, same BP is still going to USSR. How can I choose another BP?

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 12
RE: Change traded BPs - 6/6/2020 7:27:06 AM   
Orm

I suspect you might not clicking on the right place.

If you click here. See picture.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Orm -- 6/6/2020 7:34:32 AM >

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 13
RE: Change traded BPs - 6/6/2020 7:35:35 AM   
Orm

Then you should get a box, and the rest should be easy. If you do not get the box then something else is wrong. I am using the same save.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 14
RE: Change traded BPs - 6/6/2020 7:36:32 AM   
Orm

The following steps.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 15
RE: Change traded BPs - 6/6/2020 7:37:09 AM   
Orm

And the end result after compute is pressed.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 16
RE: Change traded BPs - 6/6/2020 7:40:41 AM   
Mayhemizer_slith

Thank you!

I did it almost right, but failed to understand that phase 3 was where I choose where that BP is coming to trade

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Change traded BPs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI