Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AGX overloads and RHG

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> AGX overloads and RHG Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AGX overloads and RHG - 2/24/2020 3:16:51 AM   
eskuche

I've seen it espoused to move security divisions to OKH and to offload army group CP overage. Is this strictly needed? From my basic analysis only really Army HQs should be within CP limit, since army group HQs won't really be in front line range to help cover checks. Since RHGs don't overload armies, there is no real benefit until one wishes to use them as pseudo Corps HQs or construction hubs, right?
Post #: 1
RE: AGX overloads and RHG - 2/24/2020 4:28:12 AM   
king171717

I always have my security divisions attach to OKH since there are off in every direction. lol

I wish I could attach inf units to the RHG Command. Especially with 1942 offensive.

Yes, i use my RHG Command to repair certain railways.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 2
RE: AGX overloads and RHG - 2/24/2020 4:43:25 AM   
eskuche

Oh, I must have been reading really old AARs. That's no longer possible I guess?

(in reply to king171717)
Post #: 3
RE: AGX overloads and RHG - 2/24/2020 2:23:11 PM   
Telemecus

Up to v1.11.03 it certainly was possible to move security out of RHG to OKH and I did it for all security left to garrison cities. And ideally when still a division and it costs 1 point and not 1 point for each regiment.

Corps HQs do not have range penalties - HQs higher up in the supply chain do. So I would put army and army group HQs generally in the same boat and a good leader in a non-overloaded army group ahead of a good leader in a non overloaded army HQ. So yes I do think it is worthwhile to get units out of the RHGs. An army group will not have command penalties if it has no more than 4 armies in it without command penalties. Spending a point to get a security division out of an army group to remove 1 penalty point on their ratings for all other 36 divisions or so 9even if with range penalties for the non-morale ratings) I think is a cheap price.

You cannot put infantry divisions into RHG commands, but you can put infantry regiments into them. And if they upgrade to a infantry division they can remain in an RHG. Cavalry divisions can also go in RHGs. And the Slovak Security division can go in an RHG but has the ToE to be on the frontlines. So you can usually make one RHG command with some good infantry units plus other bits added on. 103RHG can be used - before the army group split AGS is so overloaded it does not matter and after the army group split it is not in an army group anymore.

Gary Grigsby Discord https://discord.gg/8aMpk9Q

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 4
RE: AGX overloads and RHG - 2/24/2020 2:36:39 PM   
king171717

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

Up to v1.11.03 it certainly was possible to move security out of RHG to OKH and I did it for all security left to garrison cities. And ideally when still a division and it costs 1 point and not 1 point for each regiment.

Corps HQs do not have range penalties - HQs higher up in the supply chain do. So I would put army and army group HQs generally in the same boat and a good leader in a non-overloaded army group ahead of a good leader in a non overloaded army HQ. So yes I do think it is worthwhile to get units out of the RHGs. An army group will not have command penalties if it has no more than 4 armies in it without command penalties. Spending a point to get a security division out of an army group to remove 1 penalty point on their ratings for all other 36 divisions or so 9even if with range penalties for the non-morale ratings) I think is a cheap price.

You cannot put infantry divisions into RHG commands, but you can put infantry regiments into them. And if they upgrade to a infantry division they can remain in an RHG. Cavalry divisions can also go in RHGs. And the Slovak Security division can go in an RHG but has the ToE to be on the frontlines. So you can usually make one RHG command with some good infantry units plus other bits added on. 103RHG can be used - before the army group split AGS is so overloaded it does not matter and after the army group split it is not in an army group anymore.

Ah that's awesome that infantry regiments can fit into RHG. I didnt try them. Thanks Tele!

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: AGX overloads and RHG - 2/24/2020 2:55:25 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: king171717
Ah that's awesome that infantry regiments can fit into RHG. I didnt try them. Thanks Tele!

As well as the Croat regiment you can also add in the Dutch, the Danes and the French later - all with german infantry stats whatever their names.

One of the Rumanian fort brigades upgrades to an infantry division, so assign it to RHG before it does. Ditto if you can assign Hungarian light infantry brigades after they unfreeze but before they upgrade to divisions. You could also assign GD regiment before it upgrades but would not be my first choice for them.

Added to this you have 8SS German cavalry division, all the Rumanian and Hungarian cavalry. Possibly also the mountain brigades before they upgrade to a division. And the Slovak security division. It will be a mixture but you can have an armies worth of good frontline combat units from German level experience/morale down to Rumanian. The only problem might then be keeping the HQ (with no intermediate corps HQs) in supply/SU support range of their reports.

(in reply to king171717)
Post #: 6
RE: AGX overloads and RHG - 2/24/2020 3:06:19 PM   
eskuche

What are the benefits of doing this besides I guess getting German SUs for non-German unit’s (maybe?) or tactical flexibility? I haven’t quite made it far enough yet, but are there not enough Corps HQ for all these units?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 7
RE: AGX overloads and RHG - 2/24/2020 3:31:30 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: eskuche
What are the benefits of doing this besides I guess getting German SUs for non-German unit’s (maybe?) or tactical flexibility? I haven’t quite made it far enough yet, but are there not enough Corps HQ for all these units?

There is not enough space in German HQs to give all German units the full chain of command from corps to army to army group. So if you want to fit all German units into a German HQ you have to have some independent corps HQs or army HQs which skip one of the levels of command. And if you want to put allied units into German HQs with better ratings you will certainly have to do this. Having the 103RHG act as a pseudo corps HQ means having one less other German corps HQ you have to make independent.

There are other benefits too. If you have more fewer units per corps HQ (the inverse of more corps HQs) then on average you can get them closer to railheads while still keeping their units in HQ supply range etc.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 2/24/2020 3:33:20 PM >

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> AGX overloads and RHG Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI