Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cas VS Interdiction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Cas VS Interdiction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cas VS Interdiction - 2/21/2020 12:00:01 PM   
PanzerMike

Have you seen this on the latest beta:
land units not next to enemy land units suffer no strength point losses from air strikes

Instead if they suffer losses they are deducted from the manpower pool. So pummeling a distant land unit to rubble with air power is now no longer possible. Only effectiveness losses and even they are toned down now with diminishing returns for every consecutive air attack.

There is now a difference between CAS of close enemy units and interdiction of more distant land units.

Also the Atlantic wall has received some TLC. Invasion is going to be more difficult this way. It already was with air and/or naval interception actually working.

< Message edited by PanzerMike -- 2/21/2020 12:19:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Cas VS Interdiction - 2/21/2020 2:24:23 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Someone pointed out players are strat bombing units. I remember in SC this was a tactic too.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to PanzerMike)
Post #: 2
RE: Cas VS Interdiction - 2/21/2020 2:31:09 PM   
MagicMissile

I saw. I think I like it but not 100% sure :). So western allies can not bomb units to death in France before landing?
If corps are defending the ports it might get very difficult to move them needs some testing I guess. The Germans have some teeth and in my game with Tyrone (and my Germany never reached logistic cap) and at least one other AAR (iirc) it seems to me that it is not all that easy for the Western allies to gain a proper foothold in Europe. But in my game it is only March 43 so long time still for sure.

/MM

(in reply to PanzerMike)
Post #: 3
RE: Cas VS Interdiction - 2/21/2020 2:47:50 PM   
AlvaroSousa

You can bomb them and reduce their effectiveness but not outright kill them for PP.

Look at I believe Operation Cobra vs the Lehr division... unit could be wrong.
The Allies send waves of bombers in vs this division and the original numbers exaggerated how many units they destroyed. When the real count came back it was almost nothing. D-Day the bombardment did no real damage to the units on the shore. Of course they scared the crap out of the men. Bombing was very inaccurate back then.

Someone did bring to my attention the bombing of units and I noticed the effects in one of my games where it was better to blast my units forgoing strat bombers than buying strat bombers to hit production. Far more efficient.

Games worked on

- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

- Map Image Importer

(in reply to MagicMissile)
Post #: 4
RE: Cas VS Interdiction - 2/21/2020 3:02:23 PM   
PanzerMike

I have always felt the sledgehammer from the skies was OP for a game set in this era. The Germans held on for 8 weeks in Normandy, a 3 or 4 hexes area on Warplan, despite Allied air supremacy. No units were obliterated. Reaching the Frontline unscathed was difficult and it was slow going. The exception maybe the Falaise pocket. There the Germans were on the run and suffered considerable losses. But Normandy was lost at that point anyway. And even then most Germans still escaped, despite allied air power.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 5
RE: Cas VS Interdiction - 2/21/2020 3:13:12 PM   
AlvaroSousa

When WarPlan is fully balanced out I think it will give players a lot of fun. Lots of important decisions to make. But I don't want to make it with a bunch of specific rules that players have to remember. I want to balance it at the strategic level of thinking where players can look down and make educated decisions on events.

One of my game as the Allies The Russians are pretty strong. So in 1942 I did a limited offensive taking key cities in Russia to shorten my defense line and steal production. Now I Sitzkrieg it to Victory defending and preserving production. I take shots when I have the opportunity but I am balancing my oil, manpower, and production to get to maximum logistics + extra production for the 1943/1944 onslaught. It should make for a very good game till 1945 givine Battlevonwar his turn at fun for the Allies. For me the most fun part of playing the Axis is the late game. That's the real challenge to defend vs an adversary with overwhelming firepower.

Games worked on

- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

- Map Image Importer

(in reply to PanzerMike)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Cas VS Interdiction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI