Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Feature Request] Continuous gameplay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Feature Request] Continuous gameplay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Feature Request] Continuous gameplay - 2/18/2020 7:14:46 PM   
MaB1708

Hello all,
I would like to port this request from the steam forums to here, being afraid that it gets easily out of sight as this simulation is so great all forums are so vibrant!

I would like for an option to keep the game running on whatever speed I have currently selected while sub-windows like database viewer, air ops, boat ops are open(ed).
I would like to be able to pause the game only if I chose to do so (some of these options for new contacts etc., as you know, I can already define in the game options). I consider it kind of clumsy that whenever I open one of the windows mentioned I immediately have to unpause the game. I would prefer to have it the other way round: keep the game running and only pause on my command.

Thank you for listening!

Martin

Request on Steam

< Message edited by apache85 -- 2/20/2020 2:14:19 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [Feature request] Continuous gameplay - 2/19/2020 12:49:57 AM   
Rain08

You can actually have the game still be running by simply unpausing it. Just move the windows aside (or minimize them) then the click the pause/play button (or use hotkeys as long as the main window is active). The game should return to simulating things while you do your stuff.

(in reply to MaB1708)
Post #: 2
RE: [Feature request] Continuous gameplay - 2/19/2020 6:08:14 PM   
MaB1708

Yes, Rain08, I know. Sorry if I was not clear enough in my request:
I explicitly would like to avoid unpausing the game every time any of the windows that pause the game opens up.
I do want to be able to pause the game any time I want (which of course I can already do) or any time I have set up in the message log settings. But not uncalled for just by opening the database, or airops, or boat ops etc.
Cheers,
Martin

(in reply to Rain08)
Post #: 3
RE: [Feature request] Continuous gameplay - 2/20/2020 2:17:00 AM   
Rory Noonan

Feature request added.

In the future can you add feature requests to the dedicated feature request thread?

Please don't tag posts with square brackets, I know it's done to be helpful but it makes it far more likely that your issue will be missed (we use the square bracket tagging to keep track of what has been looked at and where it's at in terms of resolution)

(in reply to MaB1708)
Post #: 4
RE: [Feature request] Continuous gameplay - 2/20/2020 5:48:20 PM   
MaB1708

Thank you, will do in the future!

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Feature Request] Continuous gameplay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI