Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentation violation error message and crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentation violation error message and crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentation v... - 2/17/2020 6:05:29 PM   
Tanaka

Score: 0
Fixed

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 2/17/2020 6:53:04 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentati... - 2/17/2020 6:28:49 PM   
Tanaka

Ok I tested it and seems to only happen with Iron Cross Map Mod turned on.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentati... - 2/17/2020 6:53:50 PM   
Tanaka

Fixed needed to update the mod.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentati... - 2/18/2020 12:12:38 AM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Thanks for the report, we are looking into correcting this as quickly as possible.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 4
RE: Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentati... - 2/23/2020 2:06:46 PM   
fulcrum28

i have the same error but i cant solve.
WAW folder for MOD does not work for me (it works perfectly for WIE). Hubert, do you know why it shows me the same counter set independently of the mod I select in WAW MOD?

The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
RE: Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentati... - 2/24/2020 3:34:03 PM   
Hubert Cater

This might be a permissions issue for your installed folder. Perhaps try running the game as an Administrator to see if this helps. Right click on the game EXE or desktop shortcut and select Run as Administrator to see if this makes any difference for you.

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 6
RE: Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentati... - 3/1/2020 1:01:13 AM   
fulcrum28

is that fixed in 16.01?

The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)

Post #: 7
RE: Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentati... - 3/1/2020 9:23:28 PM   
Hubert Cater

Unfortunately if it is a permissions issue, that is independent of any patches and linked to your particular computer and user settings. I would try the suggestion above to see if that helps.

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 8
RE: Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentati... - 4/11/2020 6:42:50 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

This might be a permissions issue for your installed folder. Perhaps try running the game as an Administrator to see if this helps. Right click on the game EXE or desktop shortcut and select Run as Administrator to see if this makes any difference for you.

This issue was fixed with the mod except I just got a similiar crash when Japan Hiryu carrier was ready for placement and pressing ok. You can press cancel and place later and it works fine. This seems to still be happening only for new unit placements. (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer)

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 4/11/2020 6:49:01 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentati... - 4/11/2020 9:22:22 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Tanaka,

Thanks for the report and it might be a different error with just a similar message. Do you have a saved turn where this is repeatable? Or instructions on how to repeat it?

If you do, please send to support@furysoftware.com. You can send it via https://wetransfer.net

Hubert

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentation violation error message and crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI