Strategic Command WWII War in Europe has been updated to version 1.17.00
Get the update from here
GAME ENGINE CHANGES/FIXES
- Fixed an AI air unit attack error that allowed AI units to fly over neutral territory for attacks (greyshaft).
- Fixed a max UNIT reinforcement error for when available MPPs would give you less than the maximum amount of reinforcement a unit could otherwise have (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed an experience loss reporting error for the UNIT REINFORCEMENT screen when unit experience = 0.
- Fixed a unit attrition reporting error for non visible (hidden) enemy units.
- Fixed a convoy raiding error that did not have non submarine raiders gain experience unless they were directly on the convoy line (Gilles).
- Fixed an issue where AI subs were not switching to Hunt mode when on convoy lines (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed an Amphibious Transport research display level for Free units where the correct level was not being shown (Gilles).
- Fixed a Maritime Bomber FoW sight error that was still lifting too much of the FoW shroud (HvS).
- Fixed a rare unit LOOP event error that did not have units arrive at their final destination positions when they should have (pjg100).
- Fixed a rare UNIT event issue that would not properly place all units in the desired destination positions (witpaemail).
- Fixed an AI Research and Diplomacy spent MPPs reporting error in the Graphs section under Reports (Taxman66).
- Fixed a last turn message error that did not properly show messages such as when a capital has been moved.
- Fixed an AI experience bonus error that was applying AI experience bonuses to units only during the AI turn.
- Fixed an error where Kamikaze units would not be destroyed if they attacked a submarine and the sub dove (sschnar1).
- Fixed an error where recently placed understrength units by the AI, either by UNIT events or from the Production Queue were restrengthening when they shouldn't have (gdpsnake1979).
- Fixed an issue where customized MOD campaign images found within the SELECT CAMPAIGN screen were no longer displaying (IronX).
- Fixed a PURCHASE screen error that hung when there was a list of unit names in excess of 127 names (Michael WIldner).
- Fixed an issue where re-loading from an autosave would not bring up again any applicable beginning of turn decision events (stormbringer3).
- Fixed a SURRENDER_2 event firing issue, was not firing in some cases, that was linked to dummy DECISION event.
- Fixed a custom campaign strategy guide launch error (El Condoro).
- Added a map scroll speed adjustment bar in the SETTINGS screen.
- Attacks against Ports will now target the port first and then any Transport unit located within the port with a 100% chance of potentially damaging the Transport. Previously these attacks would only attack a Transport within a port.
- Port blockades can now only occur if the blockading unit has a supply value > 0. Transports can no longer blockade a port (Helsingor).
- HQ auto and assist attachments will now prioritize stronger units when possible (Tanaka).
- HQ highlights for assist and manual modes will now show green for attached, red for attached to another HQ, and blue for unattached for all applicable units that are within the attachable range (ArtDen, budd).
- Improved the handling of New Units placements where it will refocus the game map appropriately on the available placement locations (dhucul2011).
- Optimized the display of unit Supply values on the map (uneducated).
- Surprise enemy contacts where the defender is favoured will no longer apply the +/- 1 to combat in order to guarantee the predicted result for the defender (Markiss)
- Amphibious Transports can no longer unload on the same turn they were loaded onto an Amphibious Transport.
- Source HQs of a supply boost to another HQ are now highlighted with a yellow hex outline, indicating they are the source of the supply boost, when clicking on the recipient HQ (Taxman66).
- Source HQs of a supply boost to another HQ now only need to have a supply value > 0 in order to provide a boost, previously it was 3.
- Right clicking a unit will highlight its movement range and allow you to quickly change a unit mode (such as for subs) with the movement range automatically updated and the unit already selected for movement.
- Pressing the Pause/Break key on your keyboard now also pauses AI replays.
- Map will now center on a "Surprise Enemy Contact!" on a player turn (ivanov).
- AI artillery, if it is set to fire before other land unit attacks, they will now fire more consistently instead of allowing land attacks first before firing (Mountaineer).
- Norway’s starting mobilization level increased from 0% to 25% Axis so that Allied raiding of the convoy could render German diplomatic activity a more fruitful way of gaining Norway, rendering an invasion unnecessary (Tanaka).
- Surrender_2 scripts for the German invasion of Norway amended so that the exact turn in which Norway will surrender cannot be known by the Allied player (smckechnie).
1939 and 1940 Campaigns
- First potential date for the Winter events in the USSR brought forward from 1st December 1941 to 1st December 1939.
- DE 301 = NO now delivers the US aircraft straight away rather than not until the US has entered the war (sschnar1).
- Dummy DE 677 added to trigger Vichy French Partisans, to ensure that liberation events only occur if Vichy France has surrendered to the Axis, so there will be no pro-Axis Vichy French Partisans (dhucul2011).
1939, 1940 and 1941 Campaigns
- The Italian National Morale penalty for when Allied forces land in southern Italy will now only fire once the US has joined the Allies (Scott Martin; Markiss).
- The trigger % for the Siberians has been increased from 40% in every turn that they could transfer, to 55% (The Land).
1942; 1943 and 1944 Campaigns
- The USSR now starts with Level 1 Spying & Intelligence (Mithrilotter).
- The USSR now starts with Level 3 Anti-Tanks (Mithrilotter).
- Reduced the land spotting of all surface combat vessels and regular Transports from 1 to 0 (Markiss).
- SUPPLY scripts’ explanatory text updated to include that triggering units must now have a strength of at least 5 for the scripts to fire.
- All convoys to the British government in exile in Canada now arrive at Yarmouth Port rather than Halifax Port (Gilber).
- The trigger % for Romania switching sides has been increased from 50% to 75% per turn that the trigger is satisfied (dhucul2011) and it will now fire if other Allied units are present, they no longer have to necessarily be Soviet (Mithrilotter).
- The trigger % for Bulgaria switching sides has been increased from 25% to 50% per turn that the trigger is satisfied (dhucul2011).
- Italy losing Milan will now reduce Italian National Morale by 7,500 points rather than 5,000.
< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 3/18/2020 12:58:15 PM >