Strategic Command: World War I has been updated to version 1.01.03!
Get the update from here
GAME ENGINE CHANGES/FIXES
- Fixed an HQ renaming exploit that allowed players to rename highly rated HQs while then having the ability to repurchase the originally named HQ at the original high rating as well (Andreas150_ssl).
- Fixed an end of AI turn FoW error that did not reveal adjacent and visible enemy resource supply values.
- Fixed a rare unit at 0 strength error (dhucul2011, Yogol).
- Fixed a unit completed its move determination error that was unfortunately introduced for the WWI release (bmorgan077).
- Fixed a unit placement calculation error that would allow you to incorrectly place a naval unit in an enemy port if the enemy port was located next to a friendly port (Peter Hugo).
- Fixed a recon error that did not properly allow a Maritime Bomber to recon sea hexes (bmorgan077).
- Fixed an issue where re-loading from an autosave would not bring up again any applicable beginning of turn decision events (stormbringer3).
- Fixed a SURRENDER_2 event firing issue, was not firing in some cases, that was linked to dummy DECISION event.
- Fixed a SURRENDER_2 event issue that was not properly removing units and placing them as optimally as it should in appropriate/logical territory.
- Fixed a custom campaign strategy guide launch error (El Condoro).
- Fixed a Operational Action Button error that did not allow players to select 'Recon' or the 'Recon and Bomb' options for WWI Carriers or Seaplane Carrier units (bmorgan077).
- Fixed a naval damages at sea error that caused Troop Transports to take much higher damage than the default maximum of 1 strength point (The Land).
- Unit properties will no longer show partial values, only whole number values to avoid confusion, e.g. de-entrenchment of 0.5 will now show 0 until it has fully reached a value of 1 and so on.
- Added a map scroll speed adjustment bar in the SETTINGS screen.
- Attacks against Ports will now target the port first and then any Transport unit located within the port with a 100% chance of potentially damaging the Transport. Previously these attacks would only attack a Transport within a port.
- Port blockades can now only occur if the blockading unit has a supply value > 0. Transports can no longer blockade a port (Helsingor).
- HQ auto and assist attachments will now prioritize stronger units when possible (Tanaka).
- HQ highlights for assist and manual modes will now show green for attached, red for attached to another HQ, and blue for unattached for all applicable units that are within the attachable range (ArtDen, budd).
- Soft builds will no longer allow you to purchase units such as Tanks until the required research levels are achieved that will increase the build limit to > 0 for that unit (ArtDen).
- Naval Mines can no longer be placed within a port (bmorgan077).
- Naval Mines will no longer be counted in the LOSSES screen (already not counted in the REPORTS screen) and will continue to be listed in the DETAILED LOSSES screen but no longer count against the total losses there ([40-1] Ulrich).
- REPORTS and LOSSES screens now indicate country owner of each bar and pie graph section when mouse hovering over the data.
- Added a notification dot red highlight over the info button for first time players indicating there is important information here to select and view.
- Selecting a unit or resource on the map will now switch to the appropriate last major selected in the Country Selection panel in the upper left corner of the game.
- AI Fleets will now be less likely to be baited out of their preservation strategy if scripted as such. This will apply to Germany, Russia and Austria Hungary early on in the war (xwormwood, senjako).
- AI HQs will try and stay out of reach of enemy units slightly more than in previous builds.
- Removed the Gibraltar Loop text and symbols (bmorgan077).
- Basra added as a second Mesopotamian Capital so that it doesn’t surrender if a liberated Baghdad falls.
- US Dreadnought North Dakota’s spelling corrected (Mithrilotter).
- Reduced the land spotting of all surface combat vessels and regular Transports from 1 to 0 (Markiss).
- Removed the southernmost Cattaro Port near Antivari (Ivanov).
- Reduced the experience gain for Recon Bombers attacking units from 0.15 to 0.10 (Mithrilotter).
- Increased the experience gain for all naval units sinking an enemy ship from 0.15 to 0.20 (Mithrilotter).
- The Marco Polo is now an Armored Cruiser rather than a Light Cruiser (Mithrilotter).
- Ausonia added as a German Aircraft Carrier name (Mithrilotter).
- Increased Tank units’ Artillery Attack and Defense values.
- Infantry Weapons upgrades will now increase Artillery Defense values by 0.5 per level (HvS).
- Increased the AI’s National Morale bonuses at Intermediate and Expert levels for all Majors apart from the USA.
- Lawrence HQ will now deploy in a Central Powers turn (Dcobra).
- Territory scripts relating to the formation of Yugoslavia amended (Peter Hugo).
1914 Call to Arms
- Changed the Belligerence text for when Italy joins the Entente so that the wording is also applicable if the Central Powers were to declare war on Italy.
1914 Triple Alliance
- Detachments deployed at Marseille and Lyon (Chernobyl).
Both 1914 Campaigns
- Slight increases made to the chance of the AI researching Production Technology for most Majors, and of the USA investing in Production Technology (Mithrilotter).
- Added a comment about the possibility of the Central Powers signing a treaty with Romania if Russia has withdrawn from the war to the 1914 Strategy Guides (Mithrilotter).
- Added comments on Naval Warfare increasing Naval Mine Build Limits, and that the number of chits that can be invested in each category will vary to the 1914 Strategy Guides.
- In response to DE 121 the Entente AI will now deploy British and French units at Salonika.
- Russian Recon Bombers moved from Syedlets to Brest-Litovsk, and the IV Cavalry Corps to Syedlets in order to prevent Brest-Litovsk falling in turn 1 (Iratespartan13).
- Offensive scripts for the Entente AI to invade Belgium amended so they can only fire once the UK has joined the Entente.
- An Ottoman Detachment now arrives on the 1st October 1914 in the Production Queue.
- If Russia surrenders or withdraws from the war then a neutral but pro-Entente Romania will now swing 30-40% away from the Entente (medck).
- Moved the Lion Battlecruiser from Plymouth to near Edinburgh (The Land).
- Replaced the Dreadnought with the Orion (The Land).
- AI planning and logic improvements for both the Central Power and Entente sides
- AI research improvements to focus even further on Infantry Warfare earlier on (moca loca).
- AI script corrections regarding Artillery purchases.
- AI French invasion of the Low Countries adjusted for more timeline variety from game to game.
- AI French invasion if the Low Countries can now be disabled by disabling the applicable AI dummy DECISION event (DE 50) via the OPTIONS->ADVANCED->SCRIPTS screen.
1917 The Fate of Nations
- Three Russian and two Ottoman Corps in the Caucasus replaced with Mountain Corps (Mithrilotter).
- Removed the chits invested in Aerial Warfare from the UK, France and Germany as the maximum levels have already been reached (Mithrilotter).
- Answald Seaplane Carrier added for Germany (Mithrilotter).
- Gallipoli added back in as a National Morale Objective, and Gallipoli added back in to an Ottoman AI Guard script (Mithrilotter).
- Serbia now starts with 1 chit invested in Trench Warfare.
- The USA now starts with 1 chit invested in Logistics.
- France, Germany and Austria-Hungary now all start with level 1 in Production Technology.
- Serbian AI’s National Morale boost scripts added.
- The UK, France and Germany now start with Ground Attack Weapons level 1, rather than having a chit invested in it.
- Increased the chance of the German AI researching Ground Attack Weapons, and of all Majors researching Trench Warfare including Serbia.
- AI script corrections regarding Artillery purchases.