Strategic Command WWII: World at War has been updated to version 1.06.00!
Download the update from here
GAME ENGINE CHANGES/FIXES
- Fixed an AI air unit attack error that allowed AI units to fly over neutral territory for attacks (greyshaft).
- Fixed a last turn message error that did not properly show messages such as when a capital has been moved.
- Fixed an error where Kamikaze units would not be destroyed if they attacked a submarine and the sub dove (sschnar1).
- Fixed an error where recently placed understrength units by the AI, either by UNIT events or from the Production Queue were restrengthening when they shouldn't have (gdpsnake1979).
- Fixed an issue where customized MOD campaign images found within the SELECT CAMPAIGN screen were no longer displaying (IronX).
- Fixed a PURCHASE screen error that hung when there was a list of unit names in excess of 127 names (Michael WIldner).
- Fixed an issue where re-loading from an autosave would not bring up again any applicable beginning of turn decision events (stormbringer3).
- Fixed a custom campaign strategy guide launch error (El Condoro).
- Fixed a SURRENDER_2 event firing issue, was not firing in some cases, that was linked to dummy DECISION event.
- Added a map scroll speed adjustment bar in the SETTINGS screen.
- Attacks against Ports will now target the port first and then any Transport unit located within the port with a 100% chance of potentially damaging the Transport. Previously these attacks would only attack a Transport within a port.
- Port blockades can now only occur if the blockading unit has a supply value > 0. Transports can no longer blockade a port (Helsingor).
- HQ auto and assist attachments will now prioritize stronger units when possible (Tanaka).
- HQ highlights for assist and manual modes will now show green for attached, red for attached to another HQ, and blue for unattached for all applicable units that are within the attachable range (ArtDen, budd).
- Improved the handling of New Units placements where it will refocus the game map appropriately on the available placement locations (dhucul2011).
- Optimized the display of unit Supply values on the map (uneducated).
- Surprise enemy contacts where the defender is favoured will no longer apply the +/- 1 to combat in order to guarantee the predicted result for the defender (Markiss)
- Right clicking a unit will highlight its movement range and allow you to quickly change a unit mode (such as for subs) with the movement range automatically updated and the unit already selected for movement.
- Pressing the Pause/Break key on your keyboard now also pauses AI replays.
- Map will now center on a "Surprise Enemy Contact!" on a player turn (ivanov).
- AI artillery, if it is set to fire before other land unit attacks, they will now fire more consistently instead of allowing land attacks first before firing (Mountaineer).
- Oslo Corps’ starting strength increased from 2 to 5 (Mercutio).
- Italian Garrison unit added at Brindisi (Markiss).
- The Italian National Morale penalty for when Allied forces land in southern Italy will now only fire once the US has joined the Allies (Scott Martin; Markiss).
- First potential date for the Winter events in the USSR brought forward from 1st December 1941 to 1st December 1939.
- Increased the chance of a reaction of the US and India towards the Allies if Japan invades the USSR, coupled with increasing the trigger position so that the presence of an Axis unit adjacent to Vladivostok will now also trigger the relevant scripts (ThunderLizard2).
- Surrender_2 scripts for the German invasion of Norway amended so that the exact turn in which Norway will surrender cannot be known by the Allied player (smckechnie).
- Norway’s starting mobilization level increased from 0% to 25% Axis so that Allied raiding of the convoy could render German diplomatic activity a more fruitful way of gaining Norway, rendering an invasion unnecessary (Tanaka).
- 1st MarDiv Special Forces in Hawaii now start with 0.5 experience (sveint).
- DE 602 to form Vichy France will now only fire if the US is still neutral, as this will then prevent it from firing later in the game if it hadn’t fired earlier when France originally surrendered (taffjones).
- DE 302 = NO now delivers the US aircraft straight away rather than not until the US has entered the war (sschnar1).
- The Red Army Corps that starts in Vladivostok now starts with 1.0 experience, and a second Corps has been added in the hex NW of Vladivostok, with this location added to the AI’s Guard scripts too (sveint).
- If Germany occupies Lithuania via DE 629 then the USSR will now move 20-25% towards the Allies, whereas previously it was 10-15% (ThunderLizard2).
- The Soviet Engineer unit now arrives on the 1st January 1940 rather than the 1st September 1939.
- Chinese Corps that starts at Chengdu’s starting strength increased from 5 to 8.
- USSR scorched earth settings changed from 30 -> 50% to 30 -> 70% for Settlements, Towns and Fortified Towns, and from 40 -> 60% to 60 -> 80% for all Cities, Major Cities, Capitals and Major Capitals.
- Reduced the land spotting of all surface combat vessels and regular Transports from 1 to 0 (Markiss).
- SUPPLY scripts’ explanatory text updated to include that triggering units must now have a strength of at least 5 for the scripts to fire.
- Increased the range of potential damage to Axis vessels at Vladivostok from 1-3 strength points to 1-5 strength points (calcwerc).
- 0.5 experience given to the Soviet Cavalry Corps in the Far East.
- DE 404 now requires that there are no Axis units within 5 hexes of Novgorod (Xsillione).
- Mention of Scutari removed from the Strategy Guides (Treefrog).
- The UK will now lose 5,000 National Morale points if India surrenders (Emmette Bird).
- Entrenchment increased for some Soviet and Japanese units in the Far East, while the Cavalry Corps and Corps in Vladivostok now start with Infantry Weapons level 1.
< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 3/12/2020 2:17:31 PM >