Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs - 2/23/2020 7:44:41 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

And only one support ship per ship if I remember correctly.

For an ARD this is true, only one in the drydock at a time. Other 'repair' ships may service two at a time, of course they will divide their repair points.

A damaged ship can only receive assistance from one support ship.

Our discussion here is way too shallow. If you haven't read this for the full poop...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2990845

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 61
RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs - 2/23/2020 7:54:24 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

quote:

Also keep in mind that a ship's durability affects its repair time.

How so Rusty?

OK, been looking for a specific reference for this to no avail. Then again not everything is written about this game, or even 'above board'. You haven't notice that ships with high durability take longer to repair?

My SWAG is that its something 'under the hood', or factored in by some kind of 'die roll'. Best I can come up with for now. If I come across anything else... I'll be back.

< Message edited by rustysi -- 2/23/2020 7:55:55 PM >

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 62
RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs - 2/24/2020 12:18:44 AM   
jdsrae

quote:

quote:

quote:

How so Rusty?

OK, been looking for a specific reference for this to no avail. Then again not everything is written about this game, or even 'above board'. You haven't notice that ships with high durability take longer to repair?

My SWAG is that its something 'under the hood', or factored in by some kind of 'die roll'. Best I can come up with for now. If I come across anything else... I'll be back.

In Alfred’s 101 in the Repair Workers section, bigger ships need more repair workers but some ports don’t have enough to remove a point of damage every turn.

Tonnage of the ship plugs into the formula rather than durability, but they tend to go hand in glove.

< Message edited by jdsrae -- 2/24/2020 2:26:12 AM >

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no CrackSabbath): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 63
RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs - 2/24/2020 2:48:41 AM   
dr.hal

quote:

quote:

quote:

How so Rusty?

I fully agree Rusty that not everything has been written about the game AND a lot that HAS been written (including in this forum) is more misdirection (albeit well intended I hope) than added value. But I've never heard that "durability" which IS a unique characteristic of ships (and aircraft IIRC), is used in repair calculations. Certainly durability relates to a ship's ability to survive, which might (?) relate to complexity, watertight integrity, etc., and this rebuild time. But as I've never seen an explanation of the word as used by the developers, I simply don't know how it fits into the overall picture.

< Message edited by dr.hal -- 2/24/2020 2:50:01 AM >

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 64
RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs - 2/24/2020 3:03:36 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How so Rusty?

I fully agree Rusty that not everything has been written about the game AND a lot that HAS been written (including in this forum) is more misdirection (albeit well intended I hope) than added value. But I've never heard that "durability" which IS a unique characteristic of ships (and aircraft IIRC), is used in repair calculations. Certainly durability relates to a ship's ability to survive, which might (?) relate to complexity, watertight integrity, etc., and this rebuild time. But as I've never seen an explanation of the word as used by the developers, I simply don't know how it fits into the overall picture.

Yes, durability is part of the calculation of Repair Points per Damage Point. Other components are Tonnage and armor.

Repair points generated by repair facilities are Units of Work. Repair Points per Damage Point indicate how many units of work are required to repair a given ship. Obvious it takes more work to repair a BB than a PT.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 65
RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs - 2/24/2020 3:09:33 PM   
Zorch

65 posts written about a 'basic' topic - which simultaneously illustrate the incredible complexity of AE, and the deficiencies in its documentation.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 66
RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs - 2/25/2020 4:37:13 PM   
rustysi

quote:

and the deficiencies in its documentation.

Keep in mind that you can't 'document' every little thing. Otherwise the game may be 'compromised' to some degree or other, by those that may choose to take advantage of some aspect or another.

quote:

Yes, durability is part of the calculation of Repair Points per Damage Point.

This, to me, is sufficient explanation as to what I otherwise noticed empirically.

P.S. Thanks Don.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Accelerating Drydock Repairs Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI