Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WAD] How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WAD] How do you make a land unit on a land strike inac... - 2/14/2020 12:35:02 AM   
dpabrams

I have tried in the mission editor to give an artillery battery an inactive land strike mission that starts at a future set time in the scenario. It does not seem to work. When set to inactive with a target the battery immediately fires it's mission.

< Message edited by apache85 -- 2/21/2020 3:30:37 AM >

Vote for Pedro
Post #: 1
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/14/2020 4:38:37 AM   
michaelm75au

If I recall, there was an issue with delayed missions when a date was set. It might work the other way; make inactive and then set dates??

Michael

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 2
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/14/2020 6:22:06 AM   
Sharana

You need to create mission, add the needed targets and make it inactive. Only after that you add artillery to it. And from that point there are 2 options:
A) you leave it inactive and some event will trigger change to active at which point it will fire
B) you will set up delay making the mission active at specific Zulu time and that's when they will fire

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/14/2020 12:28:04 PM   
dpabrams

Method B) I can't get to work. I selected a target, started a mission, made it inactive, set a activation and deactivation time and added an artillery unit to the mission. The artillery unit fires prior to the Zulu activation time and continues to fire well after the set deactivation time. As a double bonus I set withdraw for the artillery when the primary weapon is <75%. That didn't work either.

As for method A) I will try it. I have not worked with events yet.

Vote for Pedro

(in reply to Sharana)
Post #: 4
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/14/2020 1:07:23 PM   
Sharana

Try running the scenario for few seconds with the mission set it inactive, pause and add the arty to the mission only then. I think I remember I had to do something like that...

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 5
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/14/2020 1:42:30 PM   
dpabrams

I hate to start then try because it messes up the start time. I appreciate the help. I think I need to create an event where an artillery unit appears and bombards an airfield. I am toying with it now but it's not a quick learning curve.

Thanks

Vote for Pedro

(in reply to Sharana)
Post #: 6
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/20/2020 2:37:27 AM   
Rory Noonan

Is this still an issue?

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 7
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/21/2020 12:16:10 AM   
dpabrams

Yes, in the original scenario I created it is. Cuban side, mission Z-Leeward arty strike is set inactive at scenario start 12:00 Zulu and to start bombardment (activate) at 12:05 Zulu and to deactivate at 12:10. Bombardment commences at 12:01. Funny thing is that I set up a simple scenario and I got an arty barrage to actually work with a delay. IDK what the deal is, probably an ID 10 T error.

Attachment (1)

Vote for Pedro

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 8
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/21/2020 2:47:50 AM   
Rory Noonan

Thanks

Logged for investigation.

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 9
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/21/2020 3:30:20 AM   
Rory Noonan

Okay, what's happening here is that the artillery units are assigned to a mission that is inactive (which is treated as 'unassigned' until the mission is activated), and they're in range of a known enemy. Under the Weapons Free RoE for Land, they're automatically attacking nearby enemy land units.

To get your desired behaviour, you'll need to find a way to have the artillery RoE as Hold until the designated attack time.

I would do this using Lua. There's a few variations on how to achieve it but the simplest will be to have the mission active from the get-go, and change the mission RoE from Hold to Free for the barrage times.

The relevant code to go weapons free would be:
quote:

ScenEdit_SetDoctrine({side="Cuba", mission="Z- Leeward ARTY Strike"}, {weapon_control_status_land = 0})

To revert to weapons hold:
quote:

ScenEdit_SetDoctrine({side="Cuba", mission="Z- Leeward ARTY Strike"}, {weapon_control_status_land = 2})

To get the timing right, use Time triggers.

I've gone ahead and done this for you in the attached .scen file; the scen now behaves in the manner you desired--artillery barrage commences at 12:05 and ceases at 12:10.

Cool scenario, by the way. Looking forward to playing it!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by apache85 -- 2/21/2020 3:32:15 AM >

Post #: 10
RE: How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? - 2/21/2020 11:38:01 PM   
dpabrams

This is cool and thanks for the work! I will just have to dive into the LUA and events but I wanted to flesh out the scenario concept and force mix a bit beforehand. I spent lots of time working up the OOB, bulding AB's and filling magazines. I will have to add some more Opfor units to make more of a challenge for the US. But I think you see what I am going for here, a complete crushing of Cuban and Soviet air and naval capabilities in the Caribbean and at least a MAU reinforcement of Leeward and Guantanamo.

Thanks a bunch!

Vote for Pedro

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] How do you make a land unit on a land strike inactive? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI