Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Dragoon Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Operation Dragoon Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Dragoon Scenario - 2/11/2020 10:55:18 AM   
Hardradi

The Victory Point spread for this scenario seems to be out of whack. Playing as the Axis I only lost Nice and dealt out almost equal casualties against the AI. An exceptional outcome compared to the historical result.

A closer look indicates that I received no victory points for inflicting enemy casualties. To me this means as the Allies your troops are completely expendable. The Allies also received an impressive amount of points for hurting the Luftwaffe.

I guess the only way I could have won is by watching the VP screen each turn and noted the excessive points earned by the Allies for kills against the Luftwaffe and noting that I would receive no points for hurting the enemy. Then I could withdraw all air units to the north out of range.

Any thoughts?

Post #: 1
RE: Operation Dragoon Scenario - 2/11/2020 7:22:40 PM   
RedLancer

Look at the losses...it is some time since I wrote the scenario but I recall that the VPs were set to encourage the Axis to retreat as historically.

You no doubt see this as harsh, which with hindsight I sympathy with, but that is what historically happened and I set the VPs for both sides.

In scenario design I have always found setting VPs to be the most tedious and annoying aspect. If you think that you have won then you probably did.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 2
RE: Operation Dragoon Scenario - 2/12/2020 6:33:25 AM   
Hardradi

No worries RL. I admit I fell asleep at the wheel by not checking the VPs for the losses. Appreciate the reply.

Maybe the points for Toulon and Marseille for the Axis should be reduced so they are not worth holding by the Axis. They could be added to current or new objective further north.

I disagree with the no victory points allocation for Allied casualties. They should be there at least for the men. Think of the 36th Infantry Division and Rapido River disaster.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Operation Dragoon Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI