Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command Line Switches

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Command Line Switches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command Line Switches - 2/10/2020 1:39:34 PM   
LeeChard

Seems to me I remember a thread that explained what each of the command line switches did.
Can somebody point me in the right direction?
Post #: 1
RE: Command Line Switches - 2/10/2020 1:51:10 PM   
Kull

readme.rtf in the root directory has many, but not all. The newer ones are in WhatsNew.pdf (same directory).

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 2
RE: Command Line Switches - 2/11/2020 5:10:55 AM   
LeeChard

Sorry Kull, I should have been more specific.
I am referring to the start up properties:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1920 -py1080 -fixedArt -skipVideo -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -cpu3

I recently bought a new desktop computer and am new to win10.
I have changed to this setting and the game runs well except during night turns.
If I play with 'combat summaries' on I get noticeable lag when click off an event.
Only on the night turns.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 3
RE: Command Line Switches - 2/11/2020 6:02:22 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeeChard

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1920 -py1080 -fixedArt -skipVideo -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -cpu3

I have changed to this setting and the game runs well except during night turns.
If I play with 'combat summaries' on I get noticeable lag when click off an event.
Only on the night turns.

I also have a lag in the night phase only - not sure why. Some suggested the -dd_sw switch fixes this but when I used that switch I got intolerable jittery graphics when I displayed a unit or base screen, so I just put up with the night phase lag and do other chores while waiting for the action to start.

Just remembered, I also was able to speed up the night phase by reducing the time for display of general messages to 0.5 seconds. However, this was too fast to catch some important stuff during the naval movement phase so I had to bump it up to one second. It is primarily the coastwatcher phase that causes me grief because I have captured a lot of enemy bases and the coast watchers report imaginary shipping at every one!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 4
RE: Command Line Switches - 2/11/2020 10:40:42 AM   
LeeChard

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeeChard

Only on the night turns.

I also have a lag in the night phase only - not sure why. Some suggested the -dd_sw switch fixes this but when I used that switch I got intolerable jittery graphics when I displayed a unit or base screen, so I just put up with the night phase lag and do other chores while waiting for the action to start.

Just remembered, I also was able to speed up the night phase by reducing the time for display of general messages to 0.5 seconds. However, this was too fast to catch some important stuff during the naval movement phase so I had to bump it up to one second. It is primarily the coastwatcher phase that causes me grief because I have captured a lot of enemy bases and the coast watchers report imaginary shipping at every one!

I had a similar experience with background screen popping through on to my game screen. Very irritating
Removing the -dd -sw switch solved that. The night lag isn't a game breaker for me either.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Command Line Switches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI