Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Malta again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Malta again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Malta again - 2/5/2020 4:01:15 PM   
WayneBGood

In the game I am playing against the AI. The Axis has dominated the med. i've taken all the oil fields and the only allied units left,is a air unit in South Africa and a unit at Malta. I have bombed Malta consistently, blockaded the port but still have not been able to land any marines on the 2 hex beaches or do a airborne assault from Sicily. Not to mention as to how does this british unit stay in supply since it's a death trap for any british convoy or surface fleet to port there.
I have landing craft and air transport but even when I have landed with the same configurations in Libya, Crete, and Persia the game will not let me assault Malta. what do I need to do to get to Malta?
Post #: 1
RE: Malta again - 2/5/2020 4:08:42 PM   
PanzerMike

Airborne drop will not work unfortunately. Can't drop them on top of the Garrison, but also not on the beach hex. This is somewhat ahistorical IMHO, since the plan for Malta was to use paratroopers. Of course it never came to be.

You can invade with a land unit on the beach hex however. So you must be doing something wrong. Blast the garrison with bombers first though, they can be a tough nut to crack.

You can not totally cut them off supplies. You can interdict the Harbor with air and naval units units, which is an automatic process. That will hamper their effectiveness recovery, but you can't starve them in this game.

(in reply to WayneBGood)
Post #: 2
RE: Malta again - 2/23/2020 12:47:41 PM   
RPKUPK

I could not invade the coastal hex, defined as less land than water, that is part of Malta. I had plenty of landing ships for both Italy and Germany, but I could not invade by transporting an Italian corps to the coastal hex as there was no response to the invade shipping button. But when I combined the invading Italian corps with a bunch of surface ships of the Italian Navy and sailed the combination to that coastal hex,then, the invasion option button showed up! The invasion hex turned orange-brown and I think I right clicked to disembark the invasion unit successfully on the Malta coastal hex.

< Message edited by RPKUPK -- 2/23/2020 1:46:33 PM >

(in reply to PanzerMike)
Post #: 3
RE: Malta again - 2/23/2020 1:11:08 PM   
PanzerMike

Things have changed with the latest beta. Now when the Axis control Gibraltar and Suez, Malta port will be suppressed.

(in reply to RPKUPK)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Malta again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI