Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Downside to forming Corps?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Downside to forming Corps? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Downside to forming Corps? - 2/4/2020 9:09:21 AM   
countrboy

Is there a downside to forming a Corps unit playing as Russian? If there are 3 divisions in the front-line for example, does it make a difference if you form them into a Corps? More fatigue, less experience or anything like that? For the immediate turn I mean. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Downside to forming Corps? - 2/4/2020 9:58:02 AM   
morvael

As for rifle corps they are almost always better, try to make them from 2 divs and 1 brigade at all times (to get a "free" upgrade later on, when their TOE will grow). They allow you to put more men into a hex, and thus attack/defend with greater strength. You just have to watch out for not making your front line too thin or porous (less counters = less ZOC cover).

Early tank/mech corps take an experience hit, and those earliest are weaker than brigades you make them of, but you have to build them and train them as fast as possible, as they will be your tool to reach Berlin.

(in reply to countrboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Downside to forming Corps? - 2/4/2020 10:01:59 AM   
countrboy

Thanks morvael, I forgot you could use a brigade and have been busy turning all my brigades into divisions! Dang!

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 3
RE: Downside to forming Corps? - 2/4/2020 5:47:00 PM   
Telemecus

Sometimes unit density is quite important as opposed to number of men/CV of each unit. You may want to have lots of units in a checkerboard carpet to slow an advance. However usually this is not as important by the time you can actually create corps. And some Soviet corps like rifles can be broken down to on map divisions once formed.

Gary Grigsby Discord https://discord.gg/8aMpk9Q

(in reply to countrboy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Downside to forming Corps? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI