Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the little details

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the little details Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the lit... - 2/3/2020 7:47:43 AM   
Novaliz

I wish there was a Youtube video which explains all the little details. I have learned a lot from you guys in the forum and XTRG or MaurauderPL and I can play the game BUT there are so many questions which are maybe not that important but I am a guy who wants to know all the details of a game too. The manual is also a good start but doesnt often explain the "Why". I really would like a Youtube video in which somebody speaks about the Logist Phase Event Log and all its details, about the Pool system and all the rows, how to get a feeling for how many trucks I need next round, the production system (ammonuition, fuel etc.) works for getting a feeling of the game. Feeling is the keyword for me because I know a lot to play the game atm but I dont feel the game, I dont have a feeling of it. Many Youtubers play the game and explain it so you can play it but they dont get deeper. I wish there was somebody who doesnt play but speaks about the game and its game mechanics in very detail :)

< Message edited by Novaliz -- 2/3/2020 7:48:34 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the... - 2/3/2020 7:55:28 AM   
56ajax

As a Russian you dont have to worry too much about trucks, supply and ammo. Manpower and Armament points are important.

The Russian dilemma - if you retreat too quickly you lose cities (manpower) and if you stand and fight you lose armies (manpower and armaments).

If I try to click on the scroll bar of a screenshot one more time I will scream.

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 2
RE: I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the... - 2/3/2020 2:02:06 PM   
king171717

quote:

ORIGINAL: Novaliz

I wish there was a Youtube video which explains all the little details. I have learned a lot from you guys in the forum and XTRG or MaurauderPL and I can play the game BUT there are so many questions which are maybe not that important but I am a guy who wants to know all the details of a game too. The manual is also a good start but doesnt often explain the "Why". I really would like a Youtube video in which somebody speaks about the Logist Phase Event Log and all its details, about the Pool system and all the rows, how to get a feeling for how many trucks I need next round, the production system (ammonuition, fuel etc.) works for getting a feeling of the game. Feeling is the keyword for me because I know a lot to play the game atm but I dont feel the game, I dont have a feeling of it. Many Youtubers play the game and explain it so you can play it but they dont get deeper. I wish there was somebody who doesnt play but speaks about the game and its game mechanics in very detail :)

As you play more and more, you can began to understand it more. I recommended playing it more and when you do have questions, u can either google it or ask on the forum. There is a lot to this game.
I find a lot of youtubers have no idea how to play the game. I really like MaurauderPL videos to learn how to play as the Axis.

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 3
RE: I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the... - 2/3/2020 2:42:28 PM   
joelmar

MarauderPL videos are interesting to start with, but keep in mind he gives advices that are not always the best. That you discover while playing. I had to unlearn a few things.

"So much trouble in the world!" -Bob

(in reply to king171717)
Post #: 4
RE: I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the... - 2/4/2020 2:19:46 AM   
countrboy

quote:

The Russian dilemma - if you retreat too quickly you lose cities (manpower) and if you stand and fight you lose armies (manpower and armaments).

This is what I struggle with. I'm on turn 68 or so in a PBEM, playing as Russia and I think I have given up too much ground. Do you stand and die or run away and run out of men? It's a fine balance.

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 5
RE: I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the... - 2/4/2020 2:52:28 AM   
thedoctorking

quote:

ORIGINAL: countrboy

quote:

This is what I struggle with. I'm on turn 68 or so in a PBEM, playing as Russia and I think I have given up too much ground. Do you stand and die or run away and run out of men? It's a fine balance.

If you've made it to turn 68, you will end up in Berlin at some point.

How many armaments factories do you have? What's your manpower production?

(in reply to countrboy)
Post #: 6
RE: I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the... - 2/4/2020 7:11:57 AM   
countrboy

quote:

How many armaments factories do you have? What's your manpower production?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but manpower production is about 85k per turn (2139 capacity?).

Armaments production is 293 (at least I think it is. I'm looking at the production report under 'Special' - is that the right place?)

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> I wish there was a Youtube Video explaining all the little details Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI