Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> AI. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI. - 2/2/2020 3:22:36 PM   
stormbringer3

I've played this game for many hours every day since the release. The AI constantly attacks even when it is starting to lose. The constant attacks gives it great losses which then the AI has to use its' MPPs to rebuild the units. This doesn't allow the AI to use research as much as it should. I think a great improvement would be to have the AI adopt a defensive posture when needed making me do the attacking. This would give the AI more MPPs to use for research giving it a better chance later in the game. I think that this a great game so my thoughts are only an attempt to make it even better.
Post #: 1
RE: AI. - 2/3/2020 4:33:43 AM   
Sugar

While I agree on suicidal attacks, I don't in regard of the research:

[image][URL=http://www.bild.me][/URL][/image]

Sept. 1. 1917. Allthough I prioritized german research from the beginning, I couldn't achieve significant advantages over the AI. My perception would be the AI does get research cheaper and therefore faster, since the amount of MPPs the Germans (6240) spent was more than double the amount of the Brits (3030).

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: AI. - 2/3/2020 4:59:48 AM   
eightroomofelixir

To my knowledge AI seems to prioritize research as well. I played several campaigns as Entente, and CP AIs always have about 1 level of research advantages 1 or 2 turns before the Ententes can reach that level.

No conquest without labor.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 3
RE: AI. - 2/3/2020 12:28:52 PM   
Xsillione

If anything the AI spend too much on research, several of my solo runs (playing as Germany) AI AH and Ottomans reached armor warfare and tank development 2 or more, and than never even tried to build the tanks they spends several hundreds of mpps to research. Or the Ottomans researching artillery without any artillery in queue or on the map.

(in reply to eightroomofelixir)
Post #: 4
RE: AI. - 2/3/2020 1:44:43 PM   
The Land

Tactically, the AI is too inclined to shuffle units around - often it will start by moving a unit out of a hex, then move another one back in later in the turn, when the optimal thing to do would have been to just leave the first unit there and entrench. It could also be better at selecting targets to attack - a human will probably not attack if it can't see a path to destroying an enemy unit, the AI tends to over-attack in several different places. I suspect the AI *starts off* with the right level of aggressiveness, but by the start of 1915 this is no longer appropriate.

Then the production and research AI seems to stick to the same plan regardless of how well it is doing. It could include more checks to see how many Corps there are waiting to rebuild (say) and prioritise those over building more artillery or researching advanced techs.

(in reply to Xsillione)
Post #: 5
RE: AI. - 2/3/2020 4:13:21 PM   
operating

Does this new version have a choice of selections as to how you would like the ai to do it's job? As an example: In Sid Meyers Gettysburg before a scenario starts you the player has the choice of generals with certain characteristics attached to each one that you would like the ai to behave (ie. cautious, aggressive, flanks, defensive, ect., or a combination of traits). It's been near a decade or more since playing Gettysburg so it's unclear to me atm. The choice of generals does not mean that general's icon is on the map, it's only to represent a style of play you'd like the ai to do. To take this a step further: How about if the player get's to choose the way the ai allocates it's income (for instance)? I'm going to take a wild guess that Bill is going to have sleepless nights trying to satisfy customers' observations.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 6
RE: AI. - 2/3/2020 8:14:18 PM   
stormbringer3

This game doesn't have the AI selection that you mention. .

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> AI. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI