Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.12.03 Airgroup supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> v1.12.03 Airgroup supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.12.03 Airgroup supply - 2/1/2020 6:53:29 PM   
eskuche

Can anyone please summarize how the new supply system works in terms of drawing supply for airbases?

I am under the impression that airbase unit supply amounts are only for airbase ground elements. I also am under the impression that they draw from nearby cities for supply. However, after fully running out bombers in turn one bombing, I don't seem to see a change in any supply/fuel amounts in nearby cities (all still at 100%), and the airbase's own supplies aren't changed. What should I be looking at to gauge how many missions I can run (and reserve for enemy phase missions)?
Post #: 1
RE: v1.12.03 Airgroup supply - 2/2/2020 5:35:02 AM   
morvael

The percentage will not change (it's calculated during logistics phase and remains constant during player turn), you'd have to observe actual stockpile numbers.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.12.03 Airgroup supply - 2/2/2020 6:36:06 AM   
eskuche

Thanks! What determines which city airbases draw from? Simply closest? If I move the airbase towards another city, will it draw from that one?

In addition, then, is the vehicle cost of moving airbases greatly decreased due to lack of within-airbase supplies, i.e., the only drawback is some minor plane damage?

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 3
RE: v1.12.03 Airgroup supply - 2/3/2020 7:34:49 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: eskuche

Thanks! What determines which city airbases draw from? Simply closest? If I move the airbase towards another city, will it draw from that one?

In addition, then, is the vehicle cost of moving airbases greatly decreased due to lack of within-airbase supplies, i.e., the only drawback is some minor plane damage?

If you are moving airbases with airplanes in them then you may be using more of their air miles driving over ground than in the air. Airgroups historically were not packed into lorries and driven overground but flown from airbase to airbase. My recomendation is only move airbases overground when they have no airgroups on them.

Gary Grigsby Discord https://discord.gg/8aMpk9Q

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> v1.12.03 Airgroup supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI