So my 1940 Full campaign check broad this:
Full 1940 campaign
- II/JG53 has 2x MG/FF & 2x MG 17 although all others and the db show 4x MG 17 for the E-1. Or is this unit supposed to have the E-3 as the load out matches that type?
- Stab/KG55, I/KG55, II/KG55 and III/KG55 have a device called Tokio, couldn't find out what that is and it is correct at all.
- The units of KGr 100 have a device called Knickebein but afaik it used the so called X-Gerät, that was a more complicated & precise blind-bombing system that used extra devices that had to be installed. The precision was 50% bombs landed after a flight 300km in a radius of 300m.
The Knickebein system itself used the blind fly instruments that every German bomber at that time used and so basically every bomber over England was likely to use this way of bombing at night and(or bad weather without the need for the X-Gerät. The precision was after a flight of 250km a target radius of 1500m, so obviously less precise but still good for bigger targets.
One has to consider that both systems could be jammed and it was done so successfully in the BoB.
- IV(Stuka)/LG1, Stab/St.G. 2 and I/St.G. 2 use a load of a single 500kg bomb. The typical load is 1x 250kg + 4x 50kg but 1x 500kg was possible to use. Do these units purposely use a different load? Would it make a difference at all(450kg vs 500kg load)?
- It has MG 17 instead of MG 15 in all units & the db. All units & db have to be corrected.
- Uses Spanner device although it was not used on it. There is maybe also a different weapon loadout of 2x additional MG FF/M in the floor tray but with that no MG in C-Stand(BR), but that could not be confirmed sufficiently, but even if so there is the chance that this was a later version not used in the 1940 BoB. Besides, there are still the bombs, although being able to dive bomb a doubt this was done at night, and so a bomber with the bomb-sight removed for additional guns but still having bombs does not makes much sense. Spanner is used on all units & the db. All units & db have to be corrected.
ROYAL AIR FORCE
- First all units and the db list it with 5x .303 in front, afaik it were only 4x .303 all build into the wings. Now the db shows no radar although the Blenheim clearly used radar but only the AI MK III, afaik the fighter command di not use any other version for this stop-gap night fighter. Till 26th July some 70 Blenheim IFs were modified with the rudimentary Air Interception (AI) Mk III radar, that is already as much as the RAF has at the start of the 1940 BoB campaign. The AI Mk III radar was considered partially reliable, it had a maximum range of 3-4 miles down to a 800-1,500ft minimum range, which was beyond the reach of the aircraft’s four .303 Brownings. First kill by radar on 22nd July 1940.
Bad thing is that all units have the AI MK IV assigned, I don't know what values that thing uses in the game but wouldn't wonder if it was better then the Mk III. So a new device would have to be added, and added to the db & all units.
Defiant Mk I & Mk IA
- Just as a precaution, the Mk IA is afaik the radar equipped version of the MK I. correct designation would be NF Mk IA. Basically it was a MK I to which radar was added and renamed to NF Mk IA, and it seems it didn't get radar before autumn 1941 parallel to the introduction of the Defiant MK II. So not sure why the Mk IA is in the 1940 Bob campaign but it's surely wrong to have any radar equipped Defiant's in 1940 and in 1941 they likely do not show up before September 1941.
- It has no radar in the db although it was, except for some early batches, equipped with the AI Mk IV radar.