Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Benelux revamped, but will it work

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Benelux revamped, but will it work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Benelux revamped, but will it work - 1/30/2020 10:59:14 AM   
PanzerMike

I have been tinkering with the map in the editor. This is my current incarnation regarding the Benelux:

I am trying to make it look somewhat like the real thing (which is not easy given the scale). But also, I am doing it in a way that makes some of the historic operations make sense, mapwise.

For instance, you can now see what the Allies tried to do with Market Garden. I also tried to make Infatuate make sense. That was the operation to clear the Scheldt estuary, so the port of Antwerp (which had been in Allied hands for weeks) could actually be used.

Ships can enter the Scheldt estuary hex, just left of Antwerp. The hex is invadable, but it can also be attacked over land, per the red arrow I drew (from the direction of Calais). I added a river on all sides of the Scheldt estuary hex to make attacks over land harder. So the Allies can attack it from Belgian territory, albeit over just one hexside.

I am not sure though if the Antwerp port can be used by the Allies while an Axis unit occupies the hex to the left of it. The hex is a combo of land and sea. Same as this actually:

So the big question: can Antwerp be used as a port while an enemy unit holds the Scheldt estuary. Anybody know?
Post #: 1
RE: Benelux revamped, but will it work - 1/30/2020 11:33:53 AM   
MagicMissile

Suggest fire up the 1944 in hotseat and try it out :).I have no idea.

/MM

(in reply to PanzerMike)
Post #: 2
RE: Benelux revamped, but will it work - 1/30/2020 11:49:54 AM   
PanzerMike

quote:

ORIGINAL: MagicMissile

Suggest fire up the 1944 in hotseat and try it out :).I have no idea.

/MM

Well, I made this modded map off the 1939 scenario. I can not simply copy/paste these map changes to a 1944 mod as far as i can tell. So to test this, it would require quite a lot of work first. And since I am a lazy b**tard, hehehehe

So I am asking the players (and Alvaro of course, if you are reading this!) first.

(in reply to MagicMissile)
Post #: 3
RE: Benelux revamped, but will it work - 1/30/2020 12:39:32 PM   
ericdauriac

To allow ships to reach a port inland you can also use the canal function of the terrain tiles (e.g. the Kiel Canal).

(in reply to PanzerMike)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Benelux revamped, but will it work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI