From: San Antonio, TX
Howdy! I asked a question previously about airplane production, and got alot of great responses, thank you gents! As a returning and rusty vet, thought I would also re-confirm my ship production priorities. As a reminder, playing DDB-C #28, so stock economy without the extra supplies in refineries.....so, IIRC, you have to be careful you don't overexpand and crash your supply stocks.
Here are some principles I am using; am I correct?
1. I am ACCELERATING all the Hiryu-clone CVs first. They are useless in 1945, need to get them to '43. They are really good value for the money....no?
2. TAIHO is next priority
3. The JUNYOS after that, though I only intermittently have enough NAV SY points, so HIYO going back and forth
4. If I can free-up NAV SY points later, the CVLs
5. I am leaving YAMATO and MUSASHI on Normal. I thought of turning off Musashi; what do you think? It's very expensive and maybe not worth it, but a) I like to fight w Yamato as a pair, and b) the Yamatos are really cool and bad-ass, so I can't resist.
6. I am keeping all DD, CLs on NORMAL build
7. I am building SSTs and Floatplane-equipped SUBS, the rest are OFF.
8. Turned off SHINANO, that's a no-brainer
My comments are relegated to 'stock' Scenario 2, wherein the Shinano is a Taiho-class CV.
Accelerate those Unryu class CVs that can be brought forward into 1943. This will preclude the advancing of the last two in the queue I believe. Stop production of CVEs similarly due in 1945. Those are inherently worthless by that stage of the game and certainly not worth the MER SY points used on them.
In conjunction with judicious conversion / upgrade of your CSs (Chitose, Chiyoda, etc.), the pulling forward of the two Taihos, acceleration of the applicable Unryus, normal building of your Hiyos and, of course, starting fleet CV/CVLs, you should be able to field >16 CV/CVLs by the end of 1943. You should have radar, upgraded AAA and advanced airframes on these ships by that time, so they can be a very powerful force if shepherded for this purpose.
I build both Yamato and Mushashi per normal to get them out of the queue if nothing else.
I tend to turn off late-war SST and RO-class SS boats. I also turn off subs due in late 1944-1945, regardless of type. Those NAV SY points are better spent elsewhere in the earlier war years. If I lose a sub due to enemy action, I will sometimes re-start submarines that are due 1944 to make up for the loss.
On MERCHANTS, just a few questions:
1. Do I really need to build any AKs?
2. I am building AO, TKs and all the auxilleries
3. Accelerating CVEs and CS because I can
4. Building xAPs as well on normal
Seems like I could turn MERCH SY off later if I want to save some HI....
Build auxiliaries, TKs and AOs. Build those xAKs that can convert to TK-there are a fair number of these. Otherwise, we're in the same ballpark.
< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 1/30/2020 3:39:35 PM >