Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I need help understanding the Combat Details

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> I need help understanding the Combat Details Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/29/2020 3:24:32 PM   
Novaliz

I dont understand some numbers in the details window after a combat.

1) On the left side are the ready, damaged and disrupted ground elements. I guess the numbers refer to a all ground elements which have participated in the battle. I dont understand the total line and its number?

2) I also can not relate the numbers of the ground elements in the window in the middle of the detail window. In my example 5 are destroyed, 29 damaged and 4 disrupted. When I look at the damged ground elements of the attacking division it says only 28 are damaged?

I have tried my best with the help of the manual but I dont understand it

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 8:04:44 AM   
Chris21wen

The figures can be confusing.

The circled items they are not directly connected.

The very left is under 'forces engaged' and shows the current status of the units in terms of ready, damaged and disrupted taking into account movement, river, weather, battle, etc.

The centre panal shows the results of the battle only. In this case 5 destoyed, 29 damaged, 4 disrupted.

See section 5.4.12.4 and 15.7 in the new manual.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 2
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 2:00:49 PM   
Jemus

I am bit confused right now - after each battle I only get the small first info screen... I have never seen the second one...?

< Message edited by Jemus -- 1/30/2020 2:02:25 PM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 2:38:01 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jemus

I am bit confused right now - after each battle I only get the small first info screen... I have never seen the second one...?

You need to click show 'more detail' in the centre panel, roughly where 'hide detail' is in the above image.

< Message edited by Chris21wen -- 1/30/2020 2:39:21 PM >

(in reply to Jemus)
Post #: 4
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 3:36:03 PM   
Jemus

But this only works after using the Battle locator (F11), right? It doesn't work with the normal report you get after each battle...?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 5
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 6:12:21 PM   
Novaliz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jemus

But this only works after using the Battle locator (F11), right? It doesn't work with the normal report you get after each battle...?

Yes

(in reply to Jemus)
Post #: 6
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 6:19:43 PM   
Novaliz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

The very left is under 'forces engaged' and shows the current status of the units in terms of ready, damaged and disrupted taking into account movement, river, weather, battle, etc.

The centre panal shows the results of the battle only. In this case 5 destoyed, 29 damaged, 4 disrupted.

Hope this helps.

Hey, my problem is that I can not connect the damaged, destroyed and disrupted elements to anything? For example I started a new game, made a screenshot from the division and its TOE I am using for the attack, made the attack and checked the damaged ground elements, because I was thinking the numbers are shown in the divisions TOE, for example in the "damaged" row. I can not find any relations of this numbers to nything in the game which drives me crazy :)

< Message edited by Novaliz -- 1/30/2020 6:21:10 PM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 7
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 7:59:31 PM   
king171717

quote:

ORIGINAL: Novaliz

quote:

Hope this helps.

Hey, my problem is that I can not connect the damaged, destroyed and disrupted elements to anything? For example I started a new game, made a screenshot from the division and its TOE I am using for the attack, made the attack and checked the damaged ground elements, because I was thinking the numbers are shown in the divisions TOE, for example in the "damaged" row. I can not find any relations of this numbers to nything in the game which drives me crazy :)

If your new, I recommended focusing on CV. All you need is 2 to 1 odds to win. But going with 3 to 1 odds can make it more of a for sure. Also the first turn has surprise rules for the Germans which makes it easier for them.

If you want to see what happens when u attack put your battle message to 8 and watch for like a half an hour.

destroyed is destroyed, damage is they get a chance to be repair later on, and disruption has to do with units not involved in the battle. Like attacking with a river crossing will carry a disruption with the division attacking.

< Message edited by king171717 -- 1/30/2020 8:01:31 PM >

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 8
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 8:14:38 PM   
Novaliz

quote:

ORIGINAL: king171717

quote:

quote:

Hope this helps.

If your new, I recommended focusing on CV. All you need is 2 to 1 odds to win. But going with 3 to 1 odds can make it more of a for sure. Also the first turn has surprise rules for the Germans which makes it easier for them.

If you want to see what happens when u attack put your battle message to 8 and watch for like a half an hour.

destroyed is destroyed, damage is they get a chance to be repair later on, and disruption has to do with units not involved in the battle. Like attacking with a river crossing will carry a disruption with the division attacking.

I am not new anymore and want to understand the deeper functions in the game :)

(in reply to king171717)
Post #: 9
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 8:17:36 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: king171717

quote:

quote:

Hope this helps.

I am not new anymore and want to understand the deeper functions in the game :)

Why is the path of Grigsby so long and arduous oh Sensei?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 1/30/2020 9:10:18 PM >

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/mGndYrW

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 10
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 11:12:35 PM   
Chris21wen

Novaliz

You have to remember that ground elements can be destoyed, damaged, disrupted at anytime in the game. You do not see these events except during combat.

The other thing is disruption is never displayed at anytime other than in the battle report and then only a general figur for all elements in the battle. Disruption is converted to fatigue at various stages the results of which you can see in the unit details along with damaged elements.

It is a complex game and the maths even more so. I really recommend reading section 5.4.12.4 and 15.7 in the new manual if you haven't already done so.

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 11
RE: I need help understanding the Combat Details - 1/30/2020 11:16:15 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Why is the path of Grigsby so long and arduous oh Sensei?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> I need help understanding the Combat Details Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI