Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advantages and disadvantages of assigning SU?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Advantages and disadvantages of assigning SU? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advantages and disadvantages of assigning SU? - 1/26/2020 3:21:17 PM   
Novaliz

I was wondering about the advantages and disadvantages of assigning SU from HQs to the divisions. When I assign them to an infantry division, one advantage is that the leader doesnt have to do an admin check when initiating a battle to transfer the SU to the division. Will there be other advantages like using the SU in more than one battle initiated by different divisions (if the admin check is a success)?
Post #: 1
RE: Advantages and disadvantages of assigning SU? - 1/26/2020 4:01:02 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Novaliz
When I assign them to an infantry division, one advantage is that the leader doesnt have to do an admin check when initiating a battle to transfer the SU to the division.

I am guessing you mean it does not have to do a ratings check to commit (not assign) an SU to a battle in which the unit is in?

The advantage of the SU being directly assigned to a division is you have 100% certainty it will be in every battle its parent division is in. The disadvantage is you have 100% probability it will not be in any battle the units is not in - if it were left in the HQ it could participate in battles with multiple different units assigned to the same HQ.

Also note once directly assigned it will cost one point to unassign, where as you can always redistribute HQ SUs for free using the support level system. The SU logistics will be based on the location of the division not the HQ - and as this is frequently further forward it does mean it will get less supplies etc. A non-motorised SU assigned to a motorised division will also have to temporarily motorise, so may need to take more vehicles out of the pool too.

Gary Grigsby Discord https://discord.gg/8aMpk9Q

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 2
RE: Advantages and disadvantages of assigning SU? - 1/27/2020 8:33:40 AM   
Novaliz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Novaliz
When I assign them to an infantry division, one advantage is that the leader doesnt have to do an admin check when initiating a battle to transfer the SU to the division.

I am guessing you mean it does not have to do a ratings check to commit (not assign) an SU to a battle in which the unit is in?

Yes! :)

quote:

The advantage of the SU being directly assigned to a division is you have 100% certainty it will be in every battle its parent division is in. The disadvantage is you have 100% probability it will not be in any battle the units is not in - if it were left in the HQ it could participate in battles with multiple different units assigned to the same HQ.

That was also my idea! :) Thx

quote:

Also note once directly assigned it will cost one point to unassign, where as you can always redistribute HQ SUs for free using the support level system. The SU logistics will be based on the location of the division not the HQ - and as this is frequently further forward it does mean it will get less supplies etc. A non-motorised SU assigned to a motorised division will also have to temporarily motorise, so may need to take more vehicles out of the pool too.

I did not think of that. Thx! :)

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Advantages and disadvantages of assigning SU? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI