Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Recapturing Soviet cities

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Recapturing Soviet cities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recapturing Soviet cities - 1/24/2020 10:58:59 PM   
thedoctorking

If I understand the system correctly, if I transport one point of a 15-point factory back to the rear, after it recovers the damage level it suffered because of moving, it will start to grow in size back to its original value.

Does the same thing apply to manpower levels in Soviet cities? So some time ago, I recaptured Tambov. It had a population of 16 at game start. When I recaptured it, its population was 4 and was damaged for like 40 percent. Now the 40 percent has gotten down to zero. Are the missing people going to begin to come back? If so, do they come back from the places to the east where they took refuge, or is there a Soviet baby boom filling the place up?

Historically, there was obviously a lot of mortality in urban populations under German control. The Germans wanted it that way and cut rations well beyond the survival level, as well as conducting mass murder of targeted populations like Jews. However, rural outmigration did refill Soviet cities pretty rapidly; one reason why there are all those terrible apartment blocs in Russian cities today is because of the enormous rush to house all those folks after the war.
Post #: 1
RE: Recapturing Soviet cities - 1/25/2020 6:39:02 AM   
Chris21wen

Remember that population is the max size of city etc. and never changes.
Manpower factories change though migration or damage caused by a hex being captured. Once the hex is recaptured the cause of migration/damage has been removed so it ceases. Note there is no Soviet migration after 1942.

So as far as I can see, no it does not biuld back up.

See section 21.1.9.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Recapturing Soviet cities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI