Port capacity

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

thedoctorking

Port capacity

Post by thedoctorking »

Anybody know how to calculate the size of units that can move in/out of a port, taking damage into account? I have a situation where Odessa is at 60-some percent damage (size 15 port). I was able to move a division out, but then wanted to move another unit in, and it couldn't do it. I tried again next turn, again without success.
adarbrauner

RE: Port capacity

Post by adarbrauner »

If I can insert here a related question, is it true that amphibious calculations in game are such that you can never manage and amphib landing of Romania from Odessa (because I try, but can't...)?
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

If I can insert here a related question, is it true that amphibious calculations in game are such that you can never manage and amphib landing of Romania from Odessa (because I try, but can't...)?

Which date are you trying to do this on?
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

August 1941
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

I would suspect, but need to check the manual, that there are rules saying you cannot naval invade that early. From hazey memory I am guessing no naval invasions before october?
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

Bump, getting back to the original question, anybody know how to calculate how many units can load/unload at a port? And what effect port damage has on that figure?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”