Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dynamic Soldier list

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Dynamic Soldier list Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dynamic Soldier list - 1/17/2020 11:00:47 AM   
ineffable

re: 1.0.8 Steam beta patch notes - Left click on a live soldier in soldier list centers camera on soldier.

Good to see the Soldier list finally get dynamic but this new feature is only partially useful in matching the on-map soldier sprites with their names in the Soldier list. Useful if the soldiers in the unit are spread out and the camera is zoomed in, less so if the soldiers are tightly grouped or the camera is zoomed out. Is a more definitive solution for identifying soldiers in the works? Otherwise Im tempted to draw a vertical center-line on my screen to better determine who's who on the battlefield rather than having to pause the game to measure which sprite is centered under the colon in the timer.

Small quibble - wounded/unconscious soldiers in the list are technically still 'live'. It would benefit TBF's role-playing aspect if this feature, and any further enhancements to soldier identification, included KIAs and Incaps. That way if my avatar becomes a casualty he wont be anonymous on the battlefield.

Quid si
Post #: 1
RE: Dynamic Soldier list - 1/17/2020 4:28:00 PM   
SteveMcClaire

The current implementation is intended to let you find separated / routed soldiers. I will highlighting individual soldiers to the feature request list but this is a bit more work on the back end.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 2
RE: Dynamic Soldier list - 1/17/2020 5:26:21 PM   
ineffable

Being able to select a soldier sprite and see who he was in the Soldier List was (IMO) a key feature in classic CC. Not being able to select a soldier from the list and have his sprite highlighted was always a sore spot w/r/t roleplaying.

Attachment (1)

Quid si

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 3
RE: Dynamic Soldier list - 1/17/2020 7:27:43 PM   
ineffable

My current workaround is to replace the text string "Paused" with a period (.) in \Close Combat - The Bloody First\Data\Text\Text1.txt. That way when a battle is paused I can toggle to top down view, select a soldier from the list, and have him underscored by the period on the screen.

Attachment (1)

Quid si

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 4
RE: Dynamic Soldier list - 1/18/2020 7:58:46 PM   
ineffable

The underscore works better.

Quid si

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Dynamic Soldier list Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI