Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/15/2020 5:16:06 PM   
bromhead

Hi,
Sorry if this has been covered before, I did look around and try some of the switch suggestions, but to no avail.

All I get is a full screen image of the top left of the screen, I do not see the whole image (this occurs during the two start up screen segments as well as the final start page with the dial...that I only partially see). Not an issue with other pc games via steam or Harpoon.

I am running win 10 via VM Fusion on a new 15in MacBook Pro. Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/15/2020 10:32:15 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bromhead

Hi,
Sorry if this has been covered before, I did look around and try some of the switch suggestions, but to no avail.

All I get is a full screen image of the top left of the screen, I do not see the whole image (this occurs during the two start up screen segments as well as the final start page with the dial...that I only partially see). Not an issue with other pc games via steam or Harpoon.

I am running win 10 via VM Fusion on a new 15in MacBook Pro. Any help would be appreciated.

Read the threads carefully - you are probably applying the switches to the wrong shortcut. The game installs a shortcut that points to the Autorun.exe file that opens a menu, not the game. You need to create the shortcut that points to the game executable, and then install your switches in that shortcut's properties, in the box called Target.
There are many threads with screenshots describing how to do this so I am not going to repeat here. You may have to go to page two or three of this Tech forum to find stuff, but it is all there.
There are also threads on the best Mac software to use to run Windows 10 and the game. Fusion does not sound familiar.

EDIT: I just remembered - Parallels seems to be the favored program from the commentary I have seen. Perhaps another Mac user can confirm or suggest other programs that will work.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 1/15/2020 10:39:39 PM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to bromhead)
Post #: 2
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/16/2020 4:03:31 AM   
bromhead

Thanks, putting the switches on a shortcut I created for the actual exe did the trick, thank you.

VMware Fusion is a pretty sweet program, very happy with it. bootcamp just isnt worth the trouble anymore.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/16/2020 3:08:56 PM   
BBfanboy

Good to hear! Enjoy the addiction!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to bromhead)
Post #: 4
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/21/2020 9:33:28 PM   
Elma666

Hi guys, sorry for my bad english,but i trie my best. My System Win10 i7 9700k Geforce 1080ti Monitor have 3440*1440 native solution
I have a Problem with this game to launch it in Fullscreen mode. With my win 10 Laptop all runs good,but on my local pc i didnt become it to run in Fullscreen,i hope someone here has an idea to help me.

I tried all possible Solutions in Fullscreen mode with that command line commandos but Nothing works ok.Only in windowed mode i become it to work,but then i Need a Google to read that textes.
I tried seebeas Programm with all Solutions but its the same Problem going on.
If i make this -dd_sw Option on and -f it seems all good but the program is not showing on monitor, i see then the Windows Desktop in the Resolution i tryd and hear the game.I click with the mouse and hear the mousesound from game but Nothing reacts,it feels like im in game but didnt see it,the Windows Desktop dont interact with the mouse but i hear the sounds from game and mouseclicks.if i then touch the ESC button im back on normal Desktop and all normal.

If i make the -dd_sw Option off and -f i see the game menu but its not centered, the menu is on Right side and down, if i go down with the solution i didnt see the full menu side, the button for leave game is not showing etc etc
then i open a game then i didnt see the upper Control bar and didnt see the lower bar with Infos like Harbor etc etc,i can only scroll up but not down.

I really trie all possible solution manually or with seebeas with -dd_sw on or off,but i didnt find a Setting that works,the other Things like -deepcolor etc etc i know and try it but dont help me. As i write above, i think with 1920*1080 in Fullscreen with -dd_sw on it seems good but we game doesnt Show me,its hiding,any idea that i can do more?????
Im 3 weeks on searching a solution for me but now im helpless. I trie this windowed method thats pinned on start side from tech help,that works but the textes are soo small i cant read that good. It must be a solution for Fullscreen be given….

Hope anyone has the golden tip for me

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/22/2020 1:41:16 PM   
Alfred

Please provide screenshots.  As the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Very important in particular to see a screenshot of your switches as I suspect there might be a syntax error involved.

Alfred

(in reply to Elma666)
Post #: 6
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/22/2020 3:09:02 PM   
Elma666

Hi,ok i try it. "E:\Games2\WitP-AE\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuStart -cpu3 -f -px1920 -py1200 -deepColor -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo -Archive thats one of thousands command lines i try. How the hell i can make a picture inside this? Im not good in that things…. i make one with "windows+print" at this command line but how i can take this pic here

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Elma666 -- 1/22/2020 3:41:40 PM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/22/2020 3:45:54 PM   
Elma666

The second "E:\Games2\WitP-AE\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuStart -cpu3 -f -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo -archive

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Elma666 -- 1/22/2020 3:46:21 PM >

(in reply to Elma666)
Post #: 8
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/22/2020 3:49:02 PM   
Elma666

And here the third with -dd_sw on "E:\Games2\WitP-AE\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuStart -cpu3 -f -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo -archive -dd_sw

I really try all solutions and with pxf pyf dd on and off and and and but nothing will work in Fullscreen,we last seems good but only see this fck image from desktop,you see that in this attachment……. i make one more then you see the map without dd switch like the second command line i posted.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Elma666 -- 1/22/2020 3:57:35 PM >

(in reply to Elma666)
Post #: 9
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/22/2020 3:59:28 PM   
Elma666

So it seems than ingame.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Elma666)
Post #: 10
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/22/2020 5:35:03 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elma666

The second "E:\Games2\WitP-AE\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuStart -cpu3 -f -px1920 -py1080 -deepColor -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo -archive

The first switch should be -SingleCpuOrders
I am not sure what the -f does by itself, I have only seen it used to force resolution change for non-native resolutions, as in: -pxf1920 -pyf1080
I also tried to get full screen that I had with Win7 at 1920X1080 native resolution, but with Win10 I had to drop to the next lower size and put in the -w for windowed mode. This was necessary because Windows 10 would not let me hide one section of the screen. I moved thatt to the right side of the screen and the game window occupies most of the rest of the screen.
Also make sure you have used the hyphen from the top of your keyboard, not the minus sign from the number keypad. They look the same but have different ASCII values.

My switches:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1680 -py1050 -w -fixedArt -skipVideo -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -cpu3

There is a thread (by Kovar, IIRC) on how to get the game running in full screen. I have not tried to do that but others who have say it works for them.

EDIT: The thread is in the "stickied section" which is used by moderators to keep very useful information on the first page.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4637477

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 1/22/2020 5:41:16 PM >

(in reply to Elma666)
Post #: 11
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/22/2020 5:50:17 PM   
Trugrit

Elma666,

You did install the official patch before you installed the Beta patch?

The official patch is about mid way down the product page under download ……..[PC] Update v1.01.26a.
https://www.matrixgames.com/game/war-in-the-pacific-admirals-edition

you may also have a corrupt install.

If that is the case you willl need to uninstall and start over.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 12
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/22/2020 6:44:09 PM   
Elma666

Hi. Yes i install correctly, i did again before 5 min but its the same proceed. SingleCPUStart or Orders have nothing change.-f stands for Fullscreen -w for windowed. Windowed i have no probs,i do so that stands in the sticky post,all good,but i wont have Fullscreen and not windowed, in windowed thats all to small to read for me. With my old laptop with win10 it works Fullscreen with my choices of resolution,but not on my desktop….

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 13
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/22/2020 7:23:35 PM   
Elma666

It seems that i find the failure. right click on desktop then choose "Anzeigeeinstellungen" didnt know the english word, then i have forced 125% instead the normal 100% that was the failure,get back to 100% and now it seems to work. But one question is leave,if i play in 1920*1080 i have big black boxes left and right,did in Fullscreen the game not stretch the map? Only in native resolution all was filled but sooo small all the textes.

(in reply to Elma666)
Post #: 14
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 1/23/2020 12:48:27 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elma666

It seems that i find the failure. right click on desktop then choose "Anzeigeeinstellungen" didnt know the english word, then i have forced 125% instead the normal 100% that was the failure,get back to 100% and now it seems to work. But one question is leave,if i play in 1920*1080 i have big black boxes left and right,did in Fullscreen the game not stretch the map? Only in native resolution all was filled but sooo small all the textes.

The fullscreen switch does not work with Win10. It did with Win7 and 8. Try Kovar's method for getting fullscreen and see if it will work for you.

(in reply to Elma666)
Post #: 15
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 4/18/2020 12:53:28 AM   
Coach Zuck

Old PC died

Reinstalling WitP AE etc.... I installed the Beta before the last patch, then said opps and installed last patch.
How screwed am I?
Wipe clean and start fresh? Delete Beta and reinstall that? HELP...IDEAS?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 16
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 4/18/2020 1:14:02 AM   
Alfred

Cleanest is to fully uninstall.  Then install base game, then patch up to latest official patch, followed by beta.  Beta installation is optional.

Alfred

(in reply to Coach Zuck)
Post #: 17
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 4/18/2020 2:11:06 AM   
Coach Zuck

Okay, well I deleted the install, shortcuts, folders and all, then reinstalled.
Patch first then the BETA.
Still having Display issues.
When the Cursor hovers over base typically some info shows, or task forces, army units, air units, etc.
Now I currently get a blank black box or some info which remains after cursor moves.

Looking for help (Did it w/o Beta as well)

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 18
RE: display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) - 4/18/2020 7:47:43 PM   
inqistor

Sounds like problem with fonts. You have to make some experiments with switches. Patches doesn't fix anything in performance area.

(in reply to Coach Zuck)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> display problems (Mac, Win 10, VM) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI