Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Radio questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Radio questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Radio questions - 1/12/2020 12:38:25 PM   
ineffable

The tooltip for this piece of gear says, "Unit receives the command bonus from your Company command team at all times."

Is this referring to the Co. command tm only? If so does this indicate another level of command (and bonus) above Platoon HQ?

Is this true even if Company command team or Plt HQ arent in the active main force?
ie. is the radio considered to be communicating off-map to either the Co. or Plt command units?

Or should it say "on-map command team", meaning either an active Co. command tm or Plt HQ?

If an active main force is modded so all units have radios would this be the same as having command team radius over the entire map even though no command team is present?

Attachment (1)

Quid si
Post #: 1
RE: Radio questions - 1/13/2020 9:29:44 PM   
SteveMcClaire

The radio command bonus is from your company command team and the bonus is received even if the company command team is not allocated to the battle (i.e. it is off-map.) Note for modding purposes: the very first unit you see in your main force unit list (right side of the force select screen or left side of the soldier screen) is your company command team. If you mod a battle file and add some weak unit as the very first unit in your main force, well, that's your company commander. :)

Yes, if you give every unit a radio you will effectively have everyone in command radius of the company commander.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 2
RE: Radio questions - 1/14/2020 4:21:44 PM   
ineffable

Thinking to experiment with a mobile commander, I modded a kubelwagen (team #441) to be have a company commander but got no command radius. I'm guessing that, due to the focus on infantry, TBF may not support vehicle-based commanders like previous editions. Then again, lack of a command radius may not necessarily mean lack of command function.

Gonna need you to do a TBF AMA on Reddit to get the full 411.

Attachment (1)

Quid si

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 3
RE: Radio questions - 1/14/2020 4:59:35 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Correct - vehicles don't have command radii.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Radio questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI