Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply primer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Supply primer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply primer - 1/10/2020 5:42:36 AM   
lwarmonger

So, and I would appreciate some other players who have been playing before 1.05 to chime in as well, a few practical things I've learned about supply from my first few games (spoiler... it is headquarters are everything).

1. Headquarters placement is key. Deploy your headquarters were they are needed to support units, but also along roads or, ideally, in towns or cities within a couple of hexes of the front. They will build more supply there then in non-road or city hexes. Keep your headquarters moving to support your main thrusts.

2. Ports are important to draw supply, but only to a point. If the enemy has a headquarters ashore, even if you reduce all the ports to 0, their units will still be able to draw supply. With headquarters it is very difficult to starve an invasion of supplies.

3. Headquarters can act as mulberry ports for limited periods of time, allowing non-marine units to draw supply from them even without a port. Would appreciate it if somebody would chime in with how long that effect lasts, and if any technology change or increase the effect.

4. Weather affects supply. Rasputitsa and snow will reduce supply available to all units. So those units that were happily at 5 supply one year in Russia may be at 3 supply the next turn as the muddy season sets in.

Anyways, this is some discovery learning that I had during my first 4 multiplayer games. If anybody else wants to come in with additional handy hints it would be much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Supply primer - 1/10/2020 1:51:54 PM   
HamburgerMeat

Therr used to be a supply grid matrix before the 1.03 changes, we need something like that for the current system

(in reply to lwarmonger)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply primer - 1/10/2020 2:54:52 PM   
taffjones

If you press the "S" key it will show the supply level of each hex. Press it again and it will show you the predicted supply for each grid for the next turn. If you move HQ's around it may affect the predicted supply.

(in reply to HamburgerMeat)
Post #: 3
good picture of rasputitsa - 1/10/2020 8:40:32 PM   
Treefrog

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-289-1091-26,_Russland,_Pferdegespann_im_Schlamm.jpg

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."

(in reply to lwarmonger)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Supply primer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI