Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Resolved] Download/extract issues with updates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Download/extract issues with updates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Resolved] Download/extract issues with updates - 1/10/2020 12:29:14 AM   
rmwilsonjr

I have not been able to update my Matrix version of CMO beyond 11158.1 which I updated through the 'check for updates" button on the launch screen, rather than through the forum when it first came out. I enjoy getting updates, but I have had this same problem for both the 1121.2 and 1121.3 updates and now 1124.1, in that no matter where I extract the download to, the game does not get updated and has stayed at 1158.1. My file structure is very simple. C:\Matrix Games\CMO. As I understand the instructions in this forum, I should download the update, and then extract it to the C:\Matrix Games\CMO folder. When I do that, it does not update the game folder C:\Matrix Games\CMO files; instead, a new file folder C:\Matrix Games\CMO\updatepack_b1124.1 appears and it is within that file that the new command.exe.config (dated 12/10/2019) file is located along with all the other files and folders that were (presumably) extracted from the initial compressed download. I tried extracting the downloaded file to C:\Matrix Games, thinking that might place the new files/folders in the C:\Matrix Games\CMO folder, but it just cluttered up the C:\Matrix Games folder with the extracted files and the game did not update. What am I missing?

< Message edited by apache85 -- 1/12/2020 9:05:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Download/extract issues with updates - 1/10/2020 5:08:05 AM   
Rain08

I had a similar issue with my desktop when I upgraded from 1121.3 to 1121.4. No matter how many times I overwrite the files, the game still stayed on 1121.3. Now when I updated the game in my laptop to 1121.4, it simply did it and it's now on the latest version. The workaround I did is just taking the game files from my laptop and just copying it over to my desktop.

I'm thinking that it might be related to how the temp files work when it comes to extracting them. I suggest that you extract the new files to different folder first (rather than doing it directly), and then you overwrite the game files using that folder. See if it makes any difference.

(in reply to rmwilsonjr)
Post #: 2
RE: Download/extract issues with updates - 1/10/2020 5:15:03 AM   
Dimitris

Do you, per chance, have any of those uber-Draconian antivirus/"internet security" products? (Looking at you, NORTON)

(in reply to Rain08)
Post #: 3
RE: Download/extract issues with updates - 1/10/2020 11:56:29 PM   
rmwilsonjr

Disabling the auto-protect feature on Norton did the trick. Thank you. You and your team are the best.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: Download/extract issues with updates - 1/12/2020 1:52:47 PM   
Dimitris

I'll say it again: Norton AV should itself be classified as malware by now.

(in reply to rmwilsonjr)
Post #: 5
RE: Download/extract issues with updates - 1/12/2020 3:57:12 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

I'll say it again: Norton AV should itself be classified as malware by now.

I would include more anti-virus names on that list.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Resolved] Download/extract issues with updates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI